Island of Rare Animals
You're The Weird Creature! Gaimon and His Strange Friends! - あんたが珍獣！ガイモンと奇妙な仲間 (Anata ga Chinjuu! Gaimon to Kimyouna Nakama)
|<< Island of Rare Animals >>|
"We Are" by Hiroshi Kitadani
"memories" by Maki Otsuki
Points of Interest
- This episode is canon from the manga, but it's placement in the story is off. Originally Luffy, Nami, and Zoro washed up on this island before they met Usopp. It was most likely added afterward, because they thought it would be more comedic to have Usopp reacting to all the crazy animals.
- Oda is pretty famous for having strange animals in his pictures.
- This story in the manga began with Nami fixing Luffy's straw hat.
- Luffy tries to design the flag. He's not a very good artist. Usopp is good. Must be to paint that on a moving sail.
- In the manga the crew wound up on this island by chance, but the anime makes it seem like it was part of Nami's plan. Also Zoro slept on the boat during the manga.
- Gaimon only took a shot at Luffy in the manga. He also only tripped, rather then running into a tree.
- Luffy asks Gaimon if he is a "hakoirimusuko" which technically means a 'boxed boy'. It's a term used for a sheltered son, or having overly protective parents.
- It's funny that Gaimon mentions pirates that look like zombies. Much later the crew run across an island filled with zombies.