Viz Edition Release Date: March 21, 2006
A diplomat is found dead in his study and Conan's on the case. But what exactly happened? The elder statesman was definitely murdered, but the door and windows to his private chamber were all locked from the inside. How in the world did the killer escape?
And, as if that wasn't bad enough, Conan and his pals get swept up in a missing person caper at the local library. Murder, kidnapping and drug smuggling aren't exactly the sorts of things condoned by librarians. What's the connection? Conan thinks he knows the answer but he's got more pressing things to worry about--like escaping the deadly grasp of the fiendish miscreant!
- Chapter 91: The Water Time-Difference Trick (水の時間差トリック "Mizu no Jikan-sa Torikku")
- Chapter 92: The Great Detective Of The West (西の名探偵 "Nishi no Meitantei")
- Chapter 93: Double Reasoning (二人の推理 "Daburu no Suiri")
- Chapter 94: The Great Detective Of The East...?! (東の名探偵...!? "Higashi no Meitantei...!?")
- Chapter 95: The Great Detective Of The East Appears?! (東の名探偵現る!? "Higashi no Meitantei Arawaru!?")
- Chapter 96: A Burning Body (熱いからだ "Atsui Karada")
- Chapter 97: A Psychopath Prowls (忍び寄る殺人鬼 "Shinobi Yoru Satsujinki")
- Chapter 98: An Additional Person (もう一人の乗客 "Mō Hitotsu no Jōkyaku")
- Chapter 99: Snowstorm Tragedy (吹雪が呼んだ惨劇 "Fubuki ga Yonda Sangeki")
- Chapter 100: The Last Words (最後の言葉 "Saigo no Kotoba")