|Sunday Without God|
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Ai is a merry gravekeeper, spending her days digging empty graves for the villagers. No one has died in the village since her mother passed away years ago, but that is all about to change with the appearance of a handsome young man...
|Valley of Death I|
|Romaji||Shi no Tani I|
|Translation||The Valley of Death|
Ai recalls how she became a gravekeeper after her mother's death. Along the way home, she gets greeted by Mr. Yuto and the rest of the villagers. They shower her with sweets until Ai's adopted father, Yoki, stops them. Arriving home, she embraces Anna and comments how her perfume doesn't fit her. After Anna has fallen asleep, Anna shares how they put so much burden on Ai. Ai wonders why Yoki and Anna look so upset as she finishes digging the grave holes. In town, Ai bumps into a handsome, silver haired man by the name of Hampnie Hambart. Ai thinks the man is her father. Hampnie refuses to believe it and the fact that Ai is a Grave Keeper. Hampnie asks Ai if she knows a person name Hana.
After the man leaves, Ai stumbles upon Mr. Yuto who has a sever head injury. Mr. Yuto tries to protect Ai from Hampnie. Though, Hampnie kills Mr. Yuto. Ai attacks Hampnie for killing Anna, Yoki, and the rest of the towns people. Hampnie knocks her out. When Ai wakes up, Hampnie asks Ai to bury everyone. Afterwards, Hampnie tells Ai that she is not a true Grave Keeper because Grave Keepers do not have parents. He states that the villagers had lied to Ai. Ai refuses to believe it. Then, Hampnie reveals a true Grave Keeper - who arrives on scene.
Points of Interest
- In this world, people cannot die and pass on to the afterlife. Grave Keepers can help people pass on.
- Ai believes Hampnie Hambart is her father's true name. The silver haired man under the same name states that it's a reference to a man eating toy in the fairy tail.
- Hana is a woman with brown hair, flat chest, and age group, 30-40.
- For Scar, it's optional to add her voice actress since she did spoke any lines in this episode.
- Monday - God created the world.
- Tuesday - God created the polar opposites "chaos" and "order."
- Wednesday - God went into meticulous detail while playing with numbers.
- Thursday - God allowed time to start flowing.
- Friday - God looked over the world in minute detail.
- Saturday - God took a rest.
- Sunday - God abandoned the world.