Tsubaki's hobby is making original T-shirt designs, but when his fellow Student Council members proclaim them "lame", he goes to his twin brother Bossun for a shot of creative advice. Then, Bossun's love for a robot anime leads him to an otaku meet-up. Will he be able to fit in?
When things get hot, Sasuke takes off his uniform and reveals his poorly designed shirt. Shinba and the others are not looking forward to seeing Sasuke's bizarre tastes in shirts. Sojiro enters the room, and he calls Tsubaki's shirt, lame. As a result, Tsubaki loses it. Over at the Sket Dan clubroom, Tsubaki asks Bossun for his help, and Himeko gets all excited that Tsubaki and Bossun are getting some brotherly love. Tsubaki dives in to see Bossun's Sket Dan t-shirt up close and personal. When Bossun mentions his mother designed the shirt, Tsubaki thinks Bossun force his poor mother to do it. Bossun corrects Tsubaki and explains his mother is a designer. Tsubaki requests Bossun to asks his mother to help designed a top quality t-shirt.
Moments later, Tsubaki works on his design, and it's a simple shirt with the kanji saying "endless summer." Bossun asks Tsubaki why he picks that word, and Tsubaki mentions that Sojiro suggests the theme. When Bossun's comments on the characters, Tsubaki decides to draw some waves and a surfer under the Kanji for sea. Bossun notes that his poor drawing looks like a fairy stuck in vegetables, and he suggests using English words. Then, Tsubaki asks Bossun what he will do. Bossun explains that he would draw palm trees and the background. He proceeds to draw a woman in a bikini, and he informs Sasuke that he can photocopy a photo if he can draw well. Furthermore, he talks about the color scheme. Sasuke decides to work at his home to avoid being influenced by Bossun. Over at the Tsubaki Clinic, Sasuke prepares his design, and he heads over to Akane to ask her to print his design. The next day, Sasuke reveals his new shirt, and Sojiro has to wear it.
The Offline Meeting
Code A: Chian's Counterattack
While Bossun plays with his action figures from a mecha anime show called Code A: Chian's Counterattack, Switch states that the last episode had aired. When Hime remarks that Bossun cannot beat Switch, Bossun asks Switch to quiz him. After some ridiculous and irrelevant questions, the two reach a draw. Switch proposes a meet-up where online otaku(s) meet up in real life, and Hime thinks Bossun will get beaten. Switch lends Bossun some study materials which includes a random book, Code of Conduct for Young People. Later, Rumi delivers some cookies to Bossun, and she finds Bossun deep in his Otaku studies. She brings Akane who comments that Bossun is like Sasuke since they both have tunnel vision. Bossun uses his concentration ability to cram. On the day of the meet-up, Bossun receives a text message from Switch who cannot participate due to a cold.
In the meet-up, the guys do a toast before they all introduce themselves. Bossun is confused about the nerds, and he is surprised at how old they are. Now, they get ready to do a karaoke, and Bossun gets lost. He asks one of the guys to sings on the mic, so he does not look like an awkward guy. Then, the second verse plays, and Bossun could not sing since he does not know the verse and the characters on the screen go by fast. The 20,000 Yen man asks everyone to share some last words before they part ways, and he asks Bossun for his opinion. Bossun blurts out a lengthy quote from the Code of Conduct book, and he wows the Otaku. Later, Switch is annoyed that Bossun has beat him.
Points of Interest
- Hosuke is the narrator of this episode.
- Tsubaki makes his own t-shirts.
- Bossun's Opinion: Code A has a message meant for all youngsters who are alive today! The number of shut-ins keeps increasing. This is a serious societal problem. Modern young people are self-conscious and wearing out their nerves thinking about how other people see them and whether they are necessary. However, during a war, for example, when young people are fated to go to a battleground, do they still suffer from these issues? Fight, young people! You don't have to be the same as the person next to you! Think of it as everyone going off to their own battleground after finishing their education!
- Lolcatz Lolcatz Loli-pops is 38 years old, and he love Vernier.
- "Splatter" Sandayuu is 41 years old, and he comes from Kagoshima. He does not like Moe characters despite wearing a shirt that has one.
- "20,000-Yen-in-Savings (LOL) is 44 years old.
- "Going My Way" is 29 years old, and his favorite HSW is Frankenstein.
- "Purple is Mai Waifu" is man whose favorite is Nakatake Manabu.
- Yunyun Bloody Star (Kai) @ Suzuki Bomber.
Manga & Anime Differences
- Hosuke takes an active role as the narrator in the anime version. He does appear in chapter 130 but not chapter 140.
- Akane makes an appearance in chapter 130 but not in 140, the chapter that covers the 2nd part of the episode.
- Japanese Name: "Tsubaki dasa T okugafukai" 椿ダサＴオクがフカイ
- Manga Chapter: 130 (Vol. 15) and 140 (Vol. 16)
- Opening Theme: "Clear" by The Sketchbook
- Ending Theme: "Sekai wa Okujō de Miwataseta" by Sket+Sketch