St. Ishiyama Arc
There Are Wounds in the Past - "Kako ni Kizu Arimashita" (過去に傷ありました)
After partaking in intense training, the former friend and current member of the Six Holy Knights Miki finally gets his rematch against Oga one on one after Oga tires of training for the upcoming volleyball match and stumbles across the dojo in which Miki is training. Things are heating up as Oga finally comes face to face with the impressive powers and techniques that Miki has been recently perfecting in his continuing attempts to become more powerful than Oga could ever humanly be. The past days of these two men's lives shall be revealed!
"Hey!!!" by FLOW
A recap of Miki defeating Kanzaki, Oga forgetting who Miki is, Miki's first fight with Oga, and Miki's vow to crush Oga begins the show. Miki still trains in his dojo.
Oga: I wanna FIGHT!
Himekawa starts fluttering his hair which prompts Kanzaki to hit his face with the ball because Kanzaki is angry about how Himekawa is pretty. Aoi breaks their fight. Outside, Oga smacks Furuichi due to his frustration then he starts to rant why they are playing volleyball instead of fighting while Beezebub mimicks Oga's tantrum. Suddenly, they hear a loud bang coming from the dojo.
Beel acting cool
As Miki trains, baby Beel stands in the doorway; Oga does his ventriloquism that makes the baby look like he talks. Miki hands Oga a uniform, so they can have their match. At the class, Shizuka continues to press her foot down on Kaname's back making him moan and grunt as Kaname states that Miki is not ready for that that technique. He informs Shizuka that he could not stop Miki from practicing it once Miki saw his technique long ago.
While Beelzebub tells them to start, Miki starts the match by telling Oga about how they met during their first year in middle school, and Furuichi restrains Beel who fussing too much.
Miki gets slash by Kiriya's nails
In their flashback (three years ago), Miki explains that he is heading to Nara to live with his mother in the spring. With Furuichi bickering about Oga eating his food, Miki narrates how close they are despite they are in different classes. (How Miki meets Oga) A punk takes Miki's charm and starts to step on it. Oga steps in and takes care of the punk's friends and asks Miki if he needs help. Miki refuses and attempts to take the charm back, but his face is slash by the punk's nails. Miki still holds the punk's leg, and Oga grabs the delinquent's hands and forces the nails to scratch the man's face.
After the incident, Miki recalls how the first time Oga accepted him for the first time. Later, when Miki hears about the rumors that Oga is being attacked frequently by someone named Kiriya, he finds Oga and asks him that they should fight together. However, Oga forgets who Miki is and walks off to meet Kiriya outside of school.
Outside, Oga meets a mob of delinquents, and Miki rush to assist Oga because he wants to be with him. Suddenly, Oga punches him to the ground and begins to step on him, and while he beats Miki, he tells him to get lost. Miki wonders why Oga did this to him.
Miki prepares to strike
With the flashback ending, Miki begins to fight Oga much to Beezebub's frustration. Miki delivers a powerful kick to Oga's face, and Oga lies to gain his composure. He charges with a kick, but Miki counter with his twin palm strike to Oga's chest. Miki states that he did everything he can to surpass Oga as he delivers another attack that sends Oga flying across the room, but Oga stops in time before crashing into the wall. Miki comments how tough Oga and his kind is and prepares a stance. His palm has a glowing red orb surrounding it as he delivers it and the dojo glows with red aura. Oga lies against the wall as Miki stares at his palms which has black blood on it. He notes that it is harder to hit a person than he though. He reminds Oga that he will show him how strong he is.
Oga walks down the beaten path
In the girls' locker room, Yuka and Nene think Oga went to fight one of the Holy Knights, but Aoi does not think they fought again. Suddenly, Aoi sees Oga all beaten up, and Furuichi apologizes to the girls and informs them that they will not miss practice tomorrow. Along the river bank, Furuichi tries to console Oga who seems to forget what happened three years ago. When he hears Toujou's voice, Oga walks over to the stand that seems to sell pancakes or croquets. Oga and Toujo talk where they first fought each other near the river.
Toujou: You DIDN'T win!!
After Toujou learns that Oga got injured by Miki, Toujou rushes in to attack Oga as Beel raises his hand to go. Toujou thinks Oga got weaker and tells him that real power comes from a man's arm. He sends Oga flying across the field. Then, they begin to laugh maniacally as they beat each other. (The scenes are not reveal as the viewers watch a water strider) Beel calls it, but Toujou thinks Oga is more beaten up. Oga claims he won, and he tells Toujou that he beat Miki next time.
"Nanairo Namida" by Tomato n' Pine
Points of Interests
Is this erotic?
- After the credits, romantic music plays while Furuichi watches Shizuka steps on Kaname who seems to be moaning erotically. Furuichi asks if the viewers are jealous.
- Parody of Bishounen Anime: During the start of the episode, Himekawa's hair starts fluttering and sparkles.
- Censorship: When Oga proceeds to make Kiriya's nails scratch Kiriya's face, the camera shifts to the shadows.
- Izuma Eight Spirits Style Whirlwind Ax Kick
- Izuma Eight Spirits Style Twin Palm Strike
- Izuma Eight Spirits Style Twin Bind Fist
- Izuma Eight Spirits Style Secret Technique Dark Death Warbler
Anime and Manga Differences
This episode covers manga chapters 65, 66, 67, and 68 in volume 8.
- The chapter starts with Ryoko and Yuka are fixing Himekawa's hair. Compared to the anime, Himekawa already has his hair down already.
- The flashback: In the manga, it starts in an abandoned and damaged building where Oga and Furuichi fight over food while Miki narrates. In contrast, the episode has them walking in the streets.
- In the manga, Miki encounters Kiriya when he goes back to get his charm that he left. Oga arrive to help with Furuichi looking from a corner. Whereas in the anime, the flashback shifts to how Miki meets Oga for the first time. Furuichi is not there. Plus, they are outside.
Furuichi is there
- During the scene where Oga beats Miki, Furuichi is seen in the manga version. However, in the anime, Furuichi is not seen.
- Dialogue changes: The anime has cut out how sharp nails are and how Oga is surprised when experimenting on Kiriya's face.
- Also, the manga places Miki's explaination of his secret technique after Oga meets Toujou by the river. Compared to the anime, it is before the girls started to undress in the locker room.
- Locker Room Censorship: In the manga, the girls are seen with their undergarments. In contrast, the anime has them unbuttoning their shirts.
- During Oga's fight with Toujou, the scene shifts to the clouds when they start laughing maniacally in the manga. In the anime, it shifts to a water strider.
- End of chapter 68 is not covered yet in this episode.