ASTRO BOY & Anime With Fred Ladd
“If you like ARIA…,” the AUTOMATICS, contests & more in episode 82!
GRIMES, IA, December 19, 2008 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome Mr. Fred Ladd – the producer of anime classics including Astro Boy and Kimba the White Lion and the author of the upcoming book Astro Boy and Anime Come to the Americas – to episode 82 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new, four-segment interview, Ladd talks about what fans can find in his new book, his recent trip to Japan for the celebration of Osamu Tezuka’s 80th birthday, the similarities between “Kimba” and “Simba,” the history of anime in the U.S., the live-action Speed Racer movie, and his early impressions of Imagi’s CGI Astro Boy movie, which is scheduled to hit theaters in 2009.
Also in episode 82 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- The Right Stuf staff sings a rousing chorus of “The 12+ Days of Anime” and reminds fans about the last few days the sale. The special items may be ordered through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 21, 2008.
- Rich and Nick announce the winners of the Black Jack contest and the EMMA: A Victorian Romance contest. Then they kick off two new contests: One for copies of Claymore DVD 1, from FUNimation, and a second for posters and preview DVDs of The Grand Chef, the latest K-drama from YA Entertainment.
- Christy launches a new segment, If… Then, which suggests titles that fans of the ARIA anime may enjoy.
- Nick and Rich provide a rundown of upcoming conventions, courtesy of AnimeCons.com.
- Listen to musical clips from the JapanFiles.com CDs Quietude and Good Melodies by the AUTOMATICS.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast’s segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.rightstuf.com/ .
Follow ANIME TODAY on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ .
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what's new and what's hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you’re into anime and what’s happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 21st year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation ("anime") industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us and ARIA, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.