Y was assigned to work on the Human Monument project, but instead kicks off the BL Manga revolution.
Y arrives and makes her first debut
Mediator finds herself isolated with her Assistant and Y in a white place. The story goes back in time where the Mediator finds herself shoveling snow off her driveway. Then, Y drives by in her red car, and Mediator makes a weird response. The Mediator narrates that she is partners with Y, but she thinks Y is an idiot. Inside, Y explains she is here for the Human Monument Project which is about celebrating culture and technology. Mediator thinks Y is going to fool around, and later, Y explains that they uncover some goodies from a deceased owner's mansion. They found a rotary printing press and the data that holds stuff for printing. Mediator thinks Y will snap in one week. Later, the Mediator finds a manga called Sweet Love. Jackie is a girl who bumps into a male transfer student who likes boys. However, Jackie is not a girl but a boy who cross dresses. Mediator finds out that Y is head of the manga mansion, and the disk contained manga materials. Y explains she is researching through the data with the help of the girls. When Y asks her how was Sweet Love, Mediator replies it was very homoerotic. Y didn't like how Mediator said homoerotic, and she says she is more interested in Moe. Later, Y reveals a new volume called Camphorwood Vol. 4, and the Mediator flips through it. She tells the Mediator that she will publish more of it weekly, and Y announces that she will ignite the manga wave. When Mediator asks her to keep it low level, Y reveals she has distributed the manga across the country.
A day later, Mediator reads fan letters who are excited about the manzine, and she finds it unbearable. At some point, Y comes along and reveals her rival's yaoi manga work. Mediator laughs a bit, and she explains that this is how culture spreads. The Assistant delivers tea and food to Y, and Y asks who the assistant is. The Mediator asks Y if she wants to go with them for a picnic. Later, Y calls Mediator a traitor, and Mediator mistakes Y's words. As time moves on, Y begins doing mass production to compete against her rivals. Mediator narrates how Y started the manga renaissance and how Y eats and drinks homogenous food. However, Y's company hits a snag when the men refuses to distribute the manga. To counter this, Y throws a manga fair for the fans
Points of Interest
- This episode marks the first time it snowed in Camphorwood.
- Y makes her first debut, and she is Mediator's partner on the Human Monument Project.
- Stanley Steamer is what Y rides.
- Mediators are obligated to support government operations.
- Yaoi Manga Titles: Sweet Love, Camphorwood, Sweet and Passionate Boy Meets Boy, An avant-garde!? anthology without women!!, Exciting stories of men on men,
- Japanese Name: "Yōsei-san-tachi no, Sabukaru" (妖精さんたちの、さぶかる)
- Opening Theme: "Real World" by nano.RIPEHitomi Harada
- Ending Theme: "Yume no Naka no Watashi no Yume (ユメのなかノわたしのユメ;My Dreams Inside of My Dreams)" by Masumi Itou