During the reign of the Second Hokage, the young Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade are assigned to Hiruzen Sarutobi’s platoon as Genins. Fascinated by Sarutobi’s summoning jutsu, Jiraiya immerses himself in mastering the transportation technique. While training, Jiraiya accidentally transports himself to Mount Myoboku, opening the path to fulfill his destiny.
Add a full plot summary here.
Points of Interest
- This episode starts by expanding on events told in flashback from Naruto Episode 83. In the original flashback, the summoning jutsu was never shown, and it was set at sunset.
- Though Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru are Genin at this time, none of them was are wearing a forehead protector.
- Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru are voiced by different voice actors for their child versions than the adult ones.
- The ninja Jiraiya is talking with over drinks is from the Hidden Grass Village. The ninja who joins in the conversation is from the Hidden Waterfall Village.
- Several of the ninja and other people Jiraiya meets on his journey were used in the Six Paths of Pain. The Fuma Clan ninja became the first Animal Path, the Grass ninja farmer Jiraiya had drinks with became the Preta Path, the Waterfall Ninja teacher became the Human Path, and the Street Preacher bacame the Naraka Path.
Moves This Episode
|Hiruzen Sarutobi||Ninja Art - Summoning Jutsu|