Hey everyone, I know we had a Sword Art Online discussion thread, so I did this weekly report to remind you guys about this wonderful anime series and to promote the wiki pages. So far, my teammates are Daniel Newton and Sonata. Independent wiki editors are Buhssuht, Juuhachi, ElfenLied1012, BigHeart711, and AnimeReviewDaily.
I'm going to review backwards to mix up things. Like always, watch out for spoilers.
Ep. 13: Edge of Hell's Abyss
After a wonderful day of fishing, Kirito and Asuna are back on the front lines with Commander Heathcliffe, Klein, Egil, and a group of SAO players. Before Kirito and Asuna jump back, the two have a deep conversation about life and love.
- The boss looks awesome! It reminds me of a Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess boss but better because it has scythes.
- Kirito and Asuna have some touching moments about their relationships.
- It's good to see Egil and Klein getting some action.
- Forgive me for this. I don't feel much sympathy for Asuna and Kirito's relationship. Maybe it's the rushed romance or it's Kirito/Asuna's character. Fans would call them the Gary and Mary Stu couple. They don't have much flaws except that Kirito is a loner who can't move on and Asuna is such a cliche perfect girl.
Ep. 11-12: The Morning Dew Girl & Yui's Heart
While Kirito and Asuna are on their honeymoon, they find a little girl (Yui) lost in the woods. They learn she has no recollection of her memories, and the couple helps Yui find her memories. What they find out will forever change their life and relationship.
Note: I would have posted the group hug image, but I like this screenshot.
- It was a lovely arc where Yui was basically Kirito and Asuna's child. It had lots of cute and funny moments.
- We had our first implied sex scene in the series. Though, it wasn't gratuitous enough for some fans.
- I feel Yui's death was more better executed than Sachi's death scene. It was more of a tear jerker.
- Kirito and Asuna's romance is bit rushed in this series.
Ep. 10: Crimson Killing Content
Kirito and Commander Heathcliffe have their duel. After Kirito loses to Heathcliffe who cheated, he, Godfrey, and Kuradeel embark on a quest. Then, Kuradeel reveals his true colors.
- Fans who support Kirito and Asuna, they tied the knot.
- Love the insecured feeling in this show because you never know someone is going to die or not. Kuradeel's brutal stabbing scene is horrific, but it builds suspense well.
- Either the creator is teasing us, but Kuradeel's story is stupid.
- Hate or Love it: The scene where Asuna undresses and beats Kirito due to her misunderstanding.
Ep. 8-9: The Sword Dance of Black and White & Blue-eyed Demon
Asuna and Kirito embark on a retcon quest to scope out the boss on floor 74, but when the Liberation Army goes out to fight the boss, it's up to Kirito, Asuna, and Klein to save their sorry asses.
- It had the best, intense fight in this series so far. I haven't seen animation like this since Fate Zero.
- It's great to see Asuna snap because she is seen as the perfect girl. It's better that she has some flaws.
- Klein and his gang are here, and we need some bromance in this show.
- Typical cliche response: Of course, when Kirito accidentally gropes Asuna, she bitch slaps him.
All comments and help on the wiki pages are welcome. If you need help with grammar or wiki style, let me know. I helped a fellow fan proofread his grammar on the character pages.