The content below is entirely editable.
Steel Types were introduced in generation II with Magnemite and its family until Magnemite's type was changed to Steel and Electric. Steel-type moves were all physical until generation 4's changes. Steel type moves can be special or physical depending on the attacks.
Steel Types are immune to poison conditions. In generation II, they can be poisoned by Twinneedle. Steel Type are super-effective against Rock and Ice type Pokemon. In generation VI, Fairy Type Pokemon are introduced which are susceptible to Steel Type attacks. In all generations, Steel Type are ineffective against fire, steel, electric, and water Type Pokemon.
In all generation, Steel Type are weak against Fire, Fighting, and Ground Type attacks. Steel Type Pokemon are resistant to Bug, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, and Steel moves in generation II-V. With Generation VI, Steel Type lost resistance to Dark and Ghost Type Pokemon, but gain resistance against Fairy Type Pokemon.
All steel type moves are Cool moves.
- Jasmine - a gym leader of Olivine City
- Steven Stone - a former Champion of Hoenn
- Byron - a gym leader of Canalave City
- Wikstrom - a member of the Kalos Elite Four
|Magnet Pull||Prevents steel-type Pokemon from escaping|
|Sand Force||Strengthens Rock.Ground and Steel moves to 1.3 their power during a sandstorm|
These abilities are exclusive for steel type Pokemon
|Heavy Metal||Doubles the Pokemon weight|
|Light Metal||Halves the Pokemon weight|
- Klink, Klang, Klinklang
Primary Dual Type
- Aron, Lairon, Aggron
- Beldum, Metang, Metagross
- Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash
Secondary Dual Type
- Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone
- Ferroseed, Ferrothorn
- Pawniard, Bisharp
- Autotomize - Increases speed by 2 stages
- Iron Defense - Increases defense by 2 stages
- King's Shield - User Protects against attacks. If attacked by techniques that make direct contact, the opponent's attack goes down by 2 stages
- Metal Sound - Lower opponent's special defense by 2 stages
- Shift Gear - Increases User's attack by one stage and speed by two stages
- Bullet Punch - Attack goes first and can be in 2-5 consecutive punches
- Gear Grind
- Gyro Ball - The slower the user, the stronger the attack
- Heavy Slam - The heaver the user is over the opponent, the stronger the attack
- Iron Head - Can occasionally make opponent flinch
- Iron Tail - can occasionally lower opponent's defense by one stage
- Magnet Bomb - Does not miss
- Metal Burst - If opponent attacks user, user can inflict more damage against opponent
- Metal Claw - Can occasionally up user's attack by one stage
- Meteor Mash - Same as Metal Claw
- Steel Wing - Can occasionally increase user's defense by one stage
- Flash Cannon - Can occasionally lower opponent's special defense by one stage
- Mirror Shot = Can lower opponent's accuracy