Welcome to the third weekly Sket Dance report! These two episodes (mostly 25) are the saddest ones in Sket Dance anime. I tried to hold my tears, but Switch's story was too suspenseful, dramatic, sad, and unforgettable.
Since Anna and I were busy with Beelzebub and Blue Exorcist, I could not do this thread for 24 without Anna's images. As I mentioned in the first weekly report, Anna and I take turns doing the episode's images and plot.
For those of you who don't know my team, my teammates are Annabanana, KuroNekoXIII, Hibaru, HalberdierV2, and Piface314.
After Bossun and the others help Shinpei recover Shinzo's bokken, Switch's flashback begins unraveling to the viewers. The viewers see Switch's brother, Masafumi, and childhood friend, Sawa. As the story progresses, Sawa is followed by a stalker. The viewers find out how Switch got his name and become the Switch we know and love, and how tragic his life has been due to a mistake that Switch had made. To this day, Switch had regrets about his mistake.
Here are the new characters for this story!
|1. Masafumi Usui|
Kazuyoshi's younger brother who has so much potential in computer programming.
|2. Sawa Yamauchi|
Kazuyoshi and Masafumi's childhood friend who often mixes up words.
|3. Yukino Hirai|
She is Sawa's friend.
|4. Shinpei Takemitsu|
He is Shinzo's brother.
|5. Shinji Mikami|
He is Sawa's stalker.
Like before, I cannot give out too much details.
I really like Sawa and Masafumi, and how they affect Switch's life.
- The origin story played out very well. It was surprising and its sad elements can make you feel sympathetic for Switch
- Ep. 24: Shinpei's request was an excellent precursor to Switch's origin story even though Switch's story just started without transitional scenes.
- Masafumi and Sawa were excellent characters and played out well.
- We get to see Hime and Shinpei beat some thugs.
- The preview to episode 25 was really good at grabbing the audience's attention.
- Yoshi and her date did not really make sense or contribute to the story. I think Shinpei's story was good enough to lead us into Switch's origin story.
- I wonder why Switch has not ask to see Sawa these years. I know that she's sad that Switch has taken on his brother's persona. Will we ever see Switch and Sawa hang out together for old times' sake?
- Interestingly, Yukino looks different in episode 24 and in 25. It could be the hair. I'm not sure. I added the images below for you to make the decision.
- The origin story does not explain why Switch loves anime and play sim games. Is it to fill the void in his heart?
Overall, these two episodes were awesome and emotional wrecking. I mean you cannot see Switch as a happy or a funny person. My view of Switch just got changed.
As of now, Halberdierv2 has joined our Team W.I.K.I Nation. It's awesome to get more people to contribute or to comment. I thank KuroNekoXIII and Mohinman99 for commenting. Please feel free to voice any improvements I need, so I can know how to write good guides in the future. If I'm boring, please tell me.
I have to read the manga to add the anime and manga differences for you guys.
(I wish I can talk more about the plot, but I cannot give out spoilers due to what happened in the random thread months ago. I know the plot is too ambiguous. We can still talk about these two episodes in the comments.)
Please see these Weekly Reports of our projects
A member of Team W.I.K.I Nation, Team Beelzebub, and other projects