Shana is a Flame Haze contracted to Alastor, a really powerful Crimsom Lord, that helps her to defeat evil Denizens that come to our world to feed themselfs with human souls.
Shana is a flame haze that's contracted to Tenjo no Goka Alastor. She holds the tittle "Empatsu Shakugan no Uchite" (Flame-Haired Red-Hot-Eyed Hunter). She likes to eat melon bread. She doesn't has any vengeance toward the Tomogara. She becomes a flame haze with her own desire, that's the path she chose. She has a habit of saying "Urusai, urusai, URUSAI!!"
Shana's appearance is like a child at 9-10 years old, since she made the contract at that age. At the beginning of the series, she wore black clothes with Yogasa. Now, she usually wears her school uniform to fight. She uses Nieto no Shana as her weapon, and Yogasa as her protector. Her hair's black and her eyes are brown. In her fighting mode, her eyes and hair will become red. She wears a pendant which is her contractor's vessel, called Cocytus.
Like the others Tsundere Loli character, Shana has a stubborn and childish personality, but when it comes to her mission, she can act mature. She's very good at the lesson, since she has studied all of it in Tendou Kyuu. But, she's very naive when it comes related to everyday life, like she doesn't have a clue how baby is made, or the meaning behind a kiss.
She's an orphan that was found by Wilhelmina Carmel and brought to Tendou Kyuu. She then was raised by Alastor, Shiro (Mereihim), and Wilhelmina. She made the contract when Vine and Orgon attacked Tendou Kyuu. After she made the contract, she fought Tenmokku Ikko and Merihim. Wilhelmina then told Shana to go on her own, so that she can study how to be the "Flame-Haired Red-Hot-Eyed Hunter".
- She likes Yuji and she's Yoshida Kazumi rival. At the school festival incident, she decided to confess to Yuji. Her confession were all interrupted, whether it came from herself (She's not confidence enough) or from external factors (like when she used Tenpa Jousai or the arrival of Bal Masque).
- She's close to Wilhelmina Carmel, since she's the one that raised her. At the past, Wilhelmina used to buy her melon bread, that makes her really like melon bread.
- Her relationship with Alastor is like a father-child relationship.
- She doesn't like Kazumi, because she's her rival (and a but annoying for me). But lately, seems that Shana's quite close to her, maybe even referred her as her friend.
- Her ability of using sword is magnificent. She usually fights Denizen using Nieto no Shana. Friagne said that she can't control her flame at all, and use Nieto no Shana to help her control flame. Maybe it's right since Shana seldom releases flame, but maybe it's not right at all, since she fought Aizen siblings without her sword (when she's trapped). Maybe Friagne just want to mock her.
- She can release a wing made from fire (Wings of Crimson), after a battle with Margery, with Yuji's help. But later on she can perform this with out him.
- She can use Tenpa Jousai (Heaven-and-Earth Sundering) and doesn't have to pay it with her life, because her capacity is large enough to receive all Alastor's existence, unlike her previous successor, Mathilde Saint-Omer.
- She is also skilled in hand to hand combat.
She's voiced by Rie Kugimiya in Japanese, and Tabitha St. Germain in English.
Shakugan no Shana the Movie
Shakugan no Shana: the Movies the first animated film based on the Shakugan no Shana series.