Switch introduces his latest invention, Braviera, that can pick up animal's thoughts and translate it within a 5 meter radius. Things go wrong when Braviera starts picking up thoughts of the Sket Dan crew.
In the Roaring Laughter Tsukkomi Battle, Himeko faces off with Komiya to help Momoka and show that she is the best Tsukkomi. Will Himeko win?
As Saaya, Bossun, Hosuke, and Himeko hang out, they watch Momoka on the television, a show about Tsukkomi. When Bossun informs Saaya that they are friends of Momoka, Saaya asks Bossun to say something interesting. Bossun utters the words, "poopy," and Saaya storms out and calls Bossun boring. Bossun and the others see that Hosuke spelled a message out sausages. Switch announces his new invention, Braviera, and this invention can translate animal language as he demonstrates with Hosuke. Bossun and Himeko read Hosuke's thoughts about wanting yukhoe. Later, Switch explains that the machine picks up thoughts in a five meter radius. Bossun tries out the machine again, and it picks up Himeko's thoughts.
It was actually Roman who thought up the words not Hosuke
Then, the machine pick up Bossun's thoughts after Bossun tries thinking a word. Switch confirms that the machine can pick up humans' thoughts since humans are animals. The machine picks up more thoughts from everyone and at the same time, it enrages and confuses everyone. When the machine reveals a message about red horned catepillars, Himeko thinks Bossun's hat prevents Bossun's thoughts from being read. After Himeko and Switch wear masks, Bossun finds his thoughts being picked up regardless of his headgear. Then, Bossun wears a Buddha mask. Bossun begins asking questions, and the computer reveals that the others think Bossun which causes Bossun's self esteem to go down. Changing the topic, Switch asks everyone to state who they like. The computer picks up red horned catepillar, and Bossun yells at Hime only to get slapped. Meanwhile, Yagi and Ayumu walk past the clubroom. Moments later, the Sket Dan are depressed, and Hosuke lands and presses on the button. Hosuke's message cheer Sket Dan; however, it turns out that Roman's thoughts are picked up as she works on her manga.
Roaring Laughter Tsukkomi Battle Story
Komiyama: You're cute when you're nervous, girl
Kanashikata is the host of the new show as he introduces himself and Momoka, and he explains that in this show, comedians battle each other. In the crowd, Momoka's crew cheer her on. Kanashikata introduces the two comedians, Komiyama Tsutomu and Hime Onizuka. Meanwhile, Saaya watches the show, and she believes that the Sket Dan are Momoka's friends. In a flashback, Momoka explains that she got in an argument with Komiyama when she states that Hime is the better Tsukkomi. Switch uses Braviera to help Momoka ask Himeko who gladly accepts the challenge. In the present, Bossun is worried about Himeko as he brings up the Pelocan commercial incident. Komiyama tries to intimidate Himeko, but Himeko's nervousness disappears as Himeko gets her game on. In the first game (Throw Zingers at the Video), Momoka explains that the players have to yell their tsukkomi, and the judges will score their performances. As the footage for the policeman reveals, Himeko strikes first at the title. Himeko and Komiyama keeps yelling at the footage, and when the game is over, Hime has 45 points while Komiyama has 40 points. Now, Hime has the lead, and everyone is cheering her on, but Komiyama refuses to lose.
In the next game (Pick Apart Your Partner), the host introduces Ogura of Okra Bacon who is the partner of Komiyama. In the audience, Switch comments that Himeko is not used to making jokes as she is good with natural Tsukkomi situations. During Komiyama's part, he and his partner captivate the audience and gained a total of 95 points. Himeko feels overwhelmed, and Momoka spots Switch. She asks the host if Hime can pick a partner who is more familiar, and Komiyama allows Hime to pick someone from the audience. Then, Bossun is given the spotlight, and he fusses with Himeko who goes over the game plan and displays how confident she is. Himeko asks Bossun to say something interesting. Instead, Bossun says poopy with a bashful face, and Himeko attacks him. Immediately, the audience laughs hysterically. In the end, Himeko gets 97 points, and Momoka embraces Himeko. Bossun asks anyone about him, yet everyone cheers on Himeko and Momoka. When the TV host mentions that Himeko has to show up for next week to defend her title as the champion, Himeko freaks out, and she makes a weird face.
Points of Interest
- Hosuke's sausage message: I wanna eat the real thing.
- Switch's New Invention: Braviera is an invention that was supposed to pick up animal's thoughts; however, it picks up human thoughts, too.
- Yukhoe is a food that has raw beef topped with an egg yolk.
- Roman's Quote: But I love humans. You fight, you get angry, you cry, but at the end, you always laugh. That's what I love about you people. And to have friends like that... I love all of you.
- Kanashikata Takashi is the host of Roaring Laughter Tsukkomi Battle tv show.
- Komiyama Tsutomu is the prince of Tsukkomi.
- Ayumi and Yagi appear, but they did not spoke any lines.
Manga & Anime Differences
- The manga's Tsukkomi story did not include Saaya Agata, Momoka's friends (Inui, Kijima, and Sarukawa), or the invention Braviera since the anime has started covering Ch. 155 before 143.
- The manga added a scene with a robber in the first game's video.
- Dialogue Altercations: In the manga, Ogura suggests that Himeko should pick someone from the audience. Compared to the anime, it is Momoka who suggests the idea.
- Japanese Name: "Saguri au tsukkomi" さぐりあうツッコミ
- Manga Chapter: 143 (Vol. 16) and 155 (Vol. 18)
- Opening Theme: "Clear" by The Sketchbook
- Ending Theme: "Sekai wa Okujō de Miwataseta" by Sket+Sketch