Mini Review - Rosario + Vampire (Anime)
Rosario + Vampire is an action, supernatural, romance, harem comedy show with themes of harem and fanservice.
Plot Summary for Season 1 ( Rosario + Vampire):
-- Anime News Network
Due to poor grades, Tsukune Aono, an average high school student, has been unable to get accepted into any private academy of his choice. By exceptional accident, the only school to accept him turns out to be anything but ordinary; the school is attended by youkai disguised as humans. Fearing for his life, he attempts to escape only to meet Moka Akashiya, a beautiful girl who just happens to be a vampire. Despite this, Tsukune decides to stay at the academy, hiding his human nature from students and teachers. Tsukune also discovers that when the rosary around Moka's neck is removed, her true nature emerges.
Plot Summary for Season 2 ( Rosario + Vampire Capu2):
-- Anime News Network
A new semester has arrived for Tsukune and the gang featuring a handfull of girl obsessed female first years and it seems like among these first years emerges another vampire who holds a grudge against her sister Moka. What shall this grudge lead to in the future and shall Tsukune suceed in taming this new problem child into his friend, no one knows what the future holds.
The new season is set to continue to follow the manga, introduce new characters from the manga and characters created strictly for the anime.
- A goofy cast of characters, very fitting for a harem.
- While a high school setting, the supernatural/fantasy setting made it more enjoyable.
- Episode 5 of season 2 is one of the strangest, yet entertaining episodes I have seen in a show in a while.
- Most episodes in the first season follow the same formula. Everything starts fine, we meet a new monster, everything goes bad, Tsukune accidentally removes Moka's rosario, the other Moka comes and saves the day. Rinse and repeat.
- While the monster of the week thing is cool at first, it gets irritating over time. The second season did it as well, but they change it up a little more so it's not as bad.
- The first season was kinda slow and it kinda dragged on. The second season was much more enjoyable to me and got me liking the series a lot more.
- The show has toooooooooooooons of fanservice. Panty shots in every episode.
- I found it kinda funny that there was more censoring in season 2. Sure it's common in ecchi shows, but I just thought it was weird because the first season didn't censor a lot of things while the 2nd season kinda went a little overboard.
If you are looking for a new harem romantic comedy, you could give this a shot. While it's kinda slow during the first season, the second season was far more enjoyable.
What's Next:This is the part where I talk about what I'm going to watch next. Well, I can't think of anything to watch. I'm not sure what I really want to watch next. I was maybe thinking of watching something that's similar to Shakugan no Shana, but I haven't found anything yet. What I will do though is check out the manga of Rosario + Vampire. While the first season of the anime got me a little interested, the second season got me even more interested so I deiced to read the manga. Also, I haven't read any manga since the beginning of the year so I thought I would check a new manga out.
EDIT: Found a show to watch that I completely forgot about! Next I'm going to check out Ah! My Goddess. Earlier in the year I was going to check it out, but at the time I wanted something shorter. Now I finally check it out. I will still check out the manga for Rosario + Vampire.