Alright, I've got unexpectedly occupied for yesterday so (more or less as usual) my posts are experiencing a slight delay.
Until then I post a few stats for the stationing space vessels.
Dorothy-class Assault Carrier
Cheap and fast vessels, developed after the introduction of Mobile Frames. While armed the Dorothy-Class is only have marginally more armor and firepower than a MF-18E Strike Trooper, thus generally opted to stay away from the front lines. Due to their fragility in combat soldiers prefer to dub this ship as "Rubber Duck". In spite of that the Dorothy Class proved to be an inexpensive and enduring design, making up more than 70% of the Union's Mobile Frame carrying capacity. The Dorothy Class has two launch pads and can hold/resupply up to 8 Mobile Frames. Due to their ease of maintenance, the Dorothy-classes were the only vessels ready for combat.
Type: Mobile Frame Carrier
- Width: 52.6 m
- Length: 144.7 m
- Height: 42.6 m
Mass: c. 87000 tons
Powerplant: 2 x Nova-Tech PCC-155 Plasma Reactors (the retrofitted version got upgraded to a twin of Nova-Tech PCC-400s)
Propulsion: Nuclear Pulse Engines (the retrofitted version has six Nova-Tech PIT-122A Plasma Torch Turbines)
Firepower: 10 (20 w/ Beam Cannon of the retrofitted version)
Performance: 12 (18 for the retrofitted model)
Mobility: 6 (7 for the retrofitted model)
Energy Output: 15 (20 for the retrofitted model)
Sensors: 15 (20 for the retrofitted model)
- Torpedo Launchers: The Dorothy has two torpedo tubes for long range anti-ship combat. The new retrofitted version may even carry up to four PSIC-0044D shaped plasma charges effective against anything but the heaviest warships.
- CIWS-0129F "Phalanx X" point-defense: Rapid-firing vulcans loaded with 60mm high-velocity shells, four of them total. Capable of shredding through light or outdated Mobile Frame armor and often used to intercept missiles.
- Type-0051 VLMS: Pair of missile batteries found at the back of the ship. Can vertically launch a screen of missiles for medium range bombardment.
- TEW-288B2 Twin Beam Cannon: New weapon on found on the retrofitted versions. Found on the vessel's top this twin-barrelled energy weapon was designed to utilize the retrofitted version's new power output. As such the Beam Cannon has enough firepower to take out the most common Abductor targets. On the flip side the Beam Cannon is eating up as much as 80% of the ship's reactor output, severely limiting the carrier's activities while in use. To alleviate this the cannon has specifically built-in condensers which is enough up to 12 shots. The Beam Cannon's twin barrels always fire in alteration and it's a safety measure to extend the weapon's lifetime considerably.
Falchion-class Heavy Cruiser
Relatively new class of warship developed with versatility and heavy fire support in mind. As a result the Falchion is a highly advanced and deceivingly agile vessel with firepower only dwarfed by a few. It carries up to 6 Mobile Frames with option to extend this to 12. It's also the only vessel known to be carrying "Super Robots". Due to its amazing capabilities the Falchion now makes up 60% of the Union's Cruisers.
Type: Heavy Cruiser, Breakthrough Vessel
- Width: 77.7 m
- Height: 77.7 m
- Length: 222.2 m
Mass: c. 770000 tons
Armor Material: Hypercarbon Composite
Powerplant: 4 x Nova-Tech PCC-6000D Plasma Fusion Reactors
Propulsion: 25 x Nova-Tech PIT-500F Plasma Torch Engines
- Structure: 30 (35 w/ shields)
- Firepower: 35 (50 w/ nukes)
- Performance: 15
- Mobility: 5
- Energy Output: 35
- Sensors: 35
- PIW-3066E3 Plasma Batteries: triple-barreled plasma ordinances found all around the ship's body. Eight batteries total.
- Mark. 0064 VLMS: Large missile launchers found on the vessel's top. Replacement of the outdated space torpedo system. It vertically launches heavy guided anti-ship missiles for long range. It is also known to be occasionally equipped with a few tactical nuclear warheads.
- SMS-255 Smart Missile System: Extensive missile system covering the Falchion's back and underskirt area. Used for mid-range bombardment.
- TEW-175EF "Fenrir System": Rapid-firing energy weapons unleashing pulses of plasma power. The twelve of these form the dreaded "Fenrir" point-defense system. At short range these are effective against anything but the toughest armors.
- Plasma Barrier: The Falchion-class is equipped with powerful emitters that allow it to generate a plasma barrier, enough to cover the entire ship. While very potent, this barrier can be also rather demanding, limiting any of the ship's other functions, including firepower. On the other hand with the proper adjustments maintaining a partial barrier in combat is more than plausible.
Neo Bismarck-class Battleship
Aging but far from outdated vessel originating before the invention of Mobile Frames. Honoring its centuries old predecessor the Neo Bismarck is the single most heavily armed ship in the entire Union fleet. This earned its reputation as "mobile fortress" and the preferred command vessel of many admirals. The ESV1479 "Greek Bastion" is amongst these. While old, the Neo Bismarck-class went through countless refits and upgrades. The most notable improvement was the addition of a Mobile Frame Hangar with an exit port found on the ship's belly.
Name: Neo Bismark-class
Type: Flagship, Battleship, Heavy Fire Support Vessel
- Width: 63.1 m
- Height: 91.3 m
- Length: 415.0 m
Mass: c. 8.1 million tons
Armor Material: Neo Tungsten Super Composite (with the outer layer being replaced with a new Hypercarbon Composite)
Powerplant: 16 x Nova-Tech PCC-4000 Plasma Fusion Reactors, 64 x Nova-Tech SPC-077U Ultra-compat Auxiliary Plasma Fusion Miro-Reactors
Propulsion: Tesla-Leicht Inst. HECTC-2107E10 Tesla Drive, 12 x Nova-Tech PIT-1000D Plasma Jet Torch Engines
Carrying Capacity: 4 Mobile Frames
- Structure: 35 (40 w/ shields)
- Firepower: 50
- Performance: 5
- Mobility: 2
- Energy Output: 40
- Sensors: 40
- TEW-191SS Converging Energy Beam Cannon: Large energy cannon found at the ship's nose. A hi-powered weapon used for super long range strikes. While powerful it has lot of harge time and requires precise positioning from the ship. As such it's generally only used to initiate the first strike then redirecting power to all the other systems.
- PIW-1099L Plasma Battery: One of the oldest types of plasma ordinance known, developed by the PlasmArms Industries (albeit the new retrofit was made by Nova-Tech). There are six of them total, each resembling an old triple-barreled naval battery. Unlike most plasma weapons the cannons rely on plasma cannisters which are nothing less than a concentrated mixture of pre-generated dense plasma and reserve energies. Thus they do have limited ammunition to use. On the other hand it allows the ship to unleash powerful plasma barrage without encumbering the reactors. The new cannisters are also rechargeable, allowing the ship to restock after battle.
- TEW-100G2 Beam Cannon Battery: Sixteen double-barreled energy cannon batteries used for short to mid range combat. Their rate of fire is somewhat adjustable at the expense of firepower, allowing them to also engage Mobile Frames.
- TEW-099H7 Laser Lance Broadside Ordinance: Two rows of 16 laser emitters found at the skirt area of the battleship, exclusively reserved for drawn out medium to long range bombardment. Each emitter is directly wired to one of the ship's plasma reactors, giving it superb power and rate of fire. Its only drawback lies in its inherent design. To employ this battery the Neo Bismarck must turn around to show its most exposed part. Yet no matter how archaic this set-up is, no one can question its firepower.
- Torpedo Launchers: Dozens of launch tubes found on the Neo Bismarck's underskirts. Archaic weapon system used for long-range anti-ship warfare. Compared to modern missiles the space torpedoes have less mobility. In spite of that they're still a reliable weapon in adept hands.
- Mk.0027 VLMS: Missile launch bays on the Neo Bismarck's top originally reserved for nuclear warheads. While the ship still retains that capability the weapon underwent a chain of improvements, making it comparable to other anti-ship Vertical Launch Missile Systems.
- TEW-008Q4 Point-Defense Lasers: A system of 64 laser cannons covering the ship's entire body. While overall weak these lasers emit as many as 6000 pulses each second, gradually chewing through even the thickest armors. More importantly these lasers are ideal point-defenses and often used to intercept missiles.
- SMS-99X Smart Missile Screen: A system of multiple small micro-missile launchers. These are used to engage enemy Mobile Frames at close range or unleash a screen of literally thousands of missiles for extensive mid-range bombardment.
- Tesla Barrier: One of the oldest known energy fields the Tesla Barrier is the defense system protecting the Neo Bismarck from harm. While back in the old days it was a demanding and unpredictable shield which justified the use of heavy armor, technological improvement made it stable. Unlike most other ships the Bismarck can fight using its full shields without too negatively impact its other capabilities. The secret is the Tesla Drive which normally keeps the ship afloat and has its own energy generating system. The constant use of the barrier makes the Bismarck appear like an unstoppable dreadnought, a fortress with unmatched defenses and firepower.