@ohgodwhy: Thank you for having sense, we need members like you to stop the torrents of stupidity on the site.
@sickVisionz: Everything that ohgodwhy said. If you're putting Sasuke and attacks that Shikamaru was able to dodge in the same league then you need help.
"His air mobility is crap against ground based opponents". Fighter A is stuck on the ground. Fighter B can fly and launch ranged explosive attacks. Do you not see how fighter B has the advantage? And please don't start with the "DUH BUT SASUKE" again, he was only able to reach him through his wings, speed and intelligence, neither of which Hidan has. My apologies, but when you start saying that Deidara was the weakest member of Akatsuki your credibility goes out the window. For more information read the list of feats/facts I left at the end of one of my previous posts.
And for the record, yes I mention the Gaara fight. Deidara was dodging attacks from Gaara (kage level) without too much difficulty, including those of his uber sand. As well as this his speed was matching Onoki's in the air, a kage level opponent. If Kakashi was dodging all the masks as well as Hidan, and even Shikamaru was able to dodge the attacks of one without much trouble, what makes you think that the masks will be a major problem for Deidara? Oh and I agree that Gaara was forced to protect the village, yes, but then you are forgetting Deidara wasn't going all out (where was the C2 dragon and C4?), as he had to take Gaara alive, something that is hugely problematic for Deidara's fighting style, meaning he was at a huge disadvantage.
Interestingly you rave on about suicide as well. Ever heard of C2? No? How about C4? Kakuzu and Hidan aren't going to look so great when they're being disintegrated from the inside out.
Like I said Kakuzu can defuse Deidara's bombs and C4 explosion with just his lighting heart, and Deidara wouldn't use C0 in risking destroying Sasori in the crossfire (If he uses a suicide explosion they all die and so does Sasori meaning the fight would clearly be a win for the Zombie Combo). C2 Hahaha! If it weren't for Tobi burying all those land mines beneath the field Sasuke would've easily taken down C2! Kakuzu's masks will simply jump at Deidara and blast him from the air leaving him bate for Hidan! And Kakashi is a far more skilled ninja in taijutsu than Deidara and has the Sharingan, please show me feats that can compare to when Kakashi was multi tasking by avoiding Kakuzu's masks and Hidan's crazy self? Oh wait, you don't have anything that can indicate that Deidara can move as fast as Kakashi did! And please don't bring in that he escaped team Gai since team Gai wasn't even trying to kill him but hold him captive. And Deidara hasn't dealt with large attacks when airborne (In which Kakuzu has) neither has he been shown to be fast enough to dodge giant blasts. Gaara had an entire village to protect while fighting Deidara at the same time, if it weren't for the village Gaara would've easily captured Deidara. @GIRUGAMESH
1. Fair enough, I'll give you that, but the fact remains Asuma was giving Hidan a good fight. Any other akatsuki member would have slaughtered him.
2. Not true at all, did Deidara need Tobi to warn him when Sasuke attacked at the start of the fight? Note how later in the fight whenever Tobi does give out a warning it's almost always followed by "I know!", or something to that effect. Tobi was only really good for the mines in that fight. Gaara's attacks are not as versatile, no, but they attack on a far larger scale than Kakuzu's individual masks and arguably at even greater speeds (Deidara was dodging Gaara's 'special' sand, the one usually used for his auto-protect), whereas even Shikamaru was dodging attacks from the masks. Again, if Kakashi could dodge the masks, so can Deidara, who it has also been shown can match Onoki in speed.
3. You are missing the point with the poison; it doesn't need to kill him in this fight, and yes, it does take several days to finish them off. But it can paralyze them in a very short amount of time (not sure the exact measurement, but it occurs almost immediately). Since Hidan's immortality would do little to stop this, he will be out of the fight very quickly. He's no good to Kakuzu if he's lying on the floor unable to move. It's funny that you note immobilizing and blowing him up as ways of killing him, as team 2 are capable of both.
4. Two words: paralysing poison.
5. Just because an attack is stronger doesn't mean it can do everything that a weaker attack can. Sasuke's chidori stream is a more widespread attack, whereas Kakuzu's mask fires a single beam/blast. Whilst more powerful, it is less effective against a massive swarm of microscopic bombs. And as I said, Kakuzu will not even know the bombs are coming; he'll have never seen the attack, plus even if he did, he still has no means of detecting the bombs. The iron sand can form a variety of shapes, including huge stabbing weapons. Kakuzu's iron skin may not be able to withstand continual blows from it, and even if he can, Deidara kills him with a dose of C4 while Sasori keeps him occupied.
6. We only saw that Hidan delivered the final blow, not that he single-handedly beat it.
Kakuzu does not and never will solo someone as strong as Sasori and Deidara.
I honestly see the fight going something like this:
Deidara hops atop his bird, Sasori lets loose his hundreds of puppets, and Hidan goes in swinging. Deidara becomes airbourne, whilst Kakuzu fires off a combined mask attack, wiping out most of the puppets. Deidara begins firing off C2 bombs at Kakuzu and Hidan, Kakuzu then splitting up his masks and sending them after Deidara. Whilst this is going on Sasori manages to tag Hidan with a sneak attack from his puppets, hitting him with the poison, and releases the 3rd kazekage puppet. Deidara continues to dodge the masks, keeping them at bay with blasts of C1. Sasori's kazekage puppet will be knocking Kakuzu around and keeping him on his toes with iron sand attacks, eventually forcing Kakuzu to call back the masks to fight Sasori. Whilst this is going on Deidara preps and unleashes the C4 garuda, which then wipes out Kakuzu. Game over, team artist walk off into the sunset arguing about art.
1. Not any Akatsuki member would slaughter Asuma, Asuma is a very skilled Shinobi! Put him up face-to-face against Deidara and there goes Deidara's head!
2. Are you serious? Don't argue Tobi didn't help Deidara because he clearly did, and Deidara was clearly caught off guard most of the time when Sasuke attacked! Tobi always had to warn Deidara from when Sasuke came in! This is proven when Sasuke flings to giant shrukins from above and catches Deidara! Quite pitiful from a shinobi who you said managed to dodge Sasuke's attacks yet can't even dodged two giant shrukins! And as I stated above Deidara's flight speed is pretty fast but not fast enough to escape an incoming impact of element blasts from every direction! Plus his elements destroy Deidara's clay, fire + lighting = good bye Deidara!
The scans clearly show Tobi warning Deidara, Deidara even admits he's lucky as the force of the blast pushed him away while Sasuke was about to incapacitate him!!!
3. Please show me a scan that indicates that Sasori poison paralyzes its victim? I mean Kankuro lived to walk back to the Hidden Sand village while suffering the effects of Sasori's Poison, and I don't think Kakuzu has a nerve system nor has no organs to be damaged by Sasori's poison but his heart, Kakuzu is a complete ragdoll and his entire body is composed by hundreds of tendrils and wires.
4. Paralyzing poison? Please show me somewhere where it says the poison paralyzes its victims because Chiyo got slashed by one of the puppets (poison) and was still capable of staying intact despite suffering from the poison.
5. Doesn't matter if Sasuke's chidori is more widespread Kakuzu can do the exact same thing if he wields mastery over lighting in which he does with his heart, all he has to do is keep his lighting heart within him and he'll be all fine. Sasuke detected the micro bombs so why can't Kakuzu? And I'm pretty sure the Akatsuki are knowledgeable of each others abilities as they are all acquainted due to being members so I'm pretty sure it won't be to hard for Kakuzu and Hidan to figure out it's micro bombs.
6. Pein assigned Hidan with his own Jinchuuriki, you see Kakuzu get smashed in the very beginning by the Jinchuuriki and the fight skips on to another panel showing the Jinchuuriki crucified on the wall. Not to mention the jutsu he used to defeat the Jinchuuriki was an entirely different ritual compared to the one he used on Asuma and Shikimaru (Kishimoto stated that Hidan had other tricks up his sleeve and there was more to his rituals along with his scythe in the data books). And even if Kakuzu did help take down the Jinchuuriki Hidan must've did more of the work as the injuries on the Jinchuuriki were all cut and stab wounds and as I can recall Kakuzu isn't known for making wounds like those.
Kakuzu can solo the two so easy, Deidara is so weak compared to Kakuzu and not in destructive capacity but in different areas of fighting! Deidara in no way can handle Kakuzu or Hidan in combat and needs to be a little pussy and use long distance attacks. Sasori is the only powerful asset in this fight as Deidara will be quickly disposed of by Kakuzu! Kakuzu and Hidan teamwork is absolutely flawless that even Pein announced it and that he was really surprised upon hearing their deaths along with the rest of the Akatsuki members. Deidara wouldn't use a suicide attack in risking endangering Sasori and compromising the battle! Deidara says that Sasori is far more powerful than Deidara and by comparing Sasori to Kakuzu, Kakuzu seems to be a step higher than Sasori! Kakuzu is superb in taijutsu then the two and is far physically stronger than Sakura (Who knocked a giant block of Iron sand, I don't see Kakuzu having trouble doing the same thing) along with the fact Sasori army of puppets are robust and weak, the only power in his army of puppets is that they're overwhelming and can easily take out any shinobi who doesn't have versatile attacks. Kakuzu has versatile attacks, the fight between him and Sasori will only end up with a win for Kakuzu as Kakuzu overall prowess and destructive force can wipe Sasori's armies of puppets and destroy them with complete ease, the iron sand is all he needs to worry about but his masks shouldn't have trouble dodging as Sasori's iron sand is slow to begin with and the masks can only be destroyed directly in their faces.
You're seriously overestimating Deidara and Sasori here in being like gods of the Akatsuki or something because the two are quite low tiers compared to a few members!