Welcome to the weekly Sket Dance report! I'm Taka, a regular wiki editor here at Anime Vice and Sket Dance Wikia. Last week's episode was fun to watch, and it had a wonderful ending where Bossun and Sasuke are warming up to each other as brothers.
Bossun plays Switch's Sim game on the DSP and gets frustrated over the Tsundere girl. The gang gets a visit from Saaya who acts just like that Tsundere girl from the video game. Saaya requests the Sket Dan to help her get rid of her Tsundere personality. Bossun comes up with a solution to allow Saaya to hang out with them. Later on, Saaya has the Sket Dan and Chiaki rescue an owl they named Hōsuke. They take care of the owl, so it can go back to the wild on its own.
Can Saaya get rid of her Tsundere personality and will Hōsuke get back home?
Beware of spoilers!
New Characters In This Episode
Saaya is our first tsundere girl in Sket Dance! She is a very typical, generic tsundere. For those who hate tsunderes, she might annoy you a bit. If you see this episode, she has a better side.
Hosuke is the owl that Saaya, Chiaki, and the Sket Dan brought to their homeroom. He is a cute little owl who gets along with everyone.
Hosuke, the mascot of Sket Dance?
Is Hosuke the mascot of Sket Dance?!
Bossun: Can you see how I feel, you insensitive clod?
- Bossun's demonstration of a typical Tsundere girl is spot on. His acting made me laugh because it's so true.
- Hosuke is a cute owl. I love how Switch frightens them with his facts, and then, Hosuke is surprisingly tame which makes Switch statement go down.
- Another tsundere in this episode, Sasuke, gets tease by his fellow students. It's a great scene.
- For those who don't like fan service or feel that Sket Dance doesn't need it, Saaya's Gainax Bounce would be a turn off. It's happened twice in the series with Mimori doing it in episode 23 where Hime and the girls became so small and cute. Personally, I don't think Sket Dance needs fan service like this. Gintama doesn't have boob bounce physics. Come on Sket Dance!
- This episode trumps its manga counterpart's story by making them cohesive.
Saaya and Sojiro, what a small world
- It's interesting to see how Saaya gets smitten with the oblivious Bossun. Looks like Hime has competition for fans who believe in Bossun x Hime.
- I was so surprised that Sojiro and Saaya are brother and sister. I don't see much similarities yet.
- Chiaki is wearing her golden lion brooch from the Genesis episode. It looks good on her.
- Hosuke and the Sket Dance logo are similar because the Sket Dan logo resembles an owl. You know Hosuke could be Sket Dan's new mascot.
Overall, this episode is excellent and a good start to the second year of Sket Dance. The ending credits looks beautiful with the cherry blossoms. Strangely, Saaya gets the spotlight in this one. It makes wonder if they will do that the same for Koma, a new character coming up in the next episode.
Thank you everyone for reading my team's report. Give a round of applause to my teammates here in Anime Vice community. They're awesome people.
Team W.I.K.I. Nation: Annabanana, KuroNekoXIII, Sora_thekey, MohsinMan99, Hibaru, HalberdierV2, and Piface314
and to Lynxian, my partner in Sket Dance Wikia. I'm supporting both wikia communities because I love Sket Dance.
All I have done last week is to finish this episode's wiki page and create pages for the new characters. If you guys can contribute, it would be fantastic. Check out our Wiki Vitae List.
This Week's Reports
- Fairy Tail Ep. 125 by Taka
- Sket Dance 50 and 51 by Taka
- Guilty Crown Ep. 19 by Taka Coming Soon
Last Week's Reports
Team Sket Dance and Team W.I.K.I. Nation