@Low: Im just saying imo theres no point in having a debater of the month, rate the debators and now this. Pretty soon would well have more threads discussing debate than actual debate. Seems redundant to me but if you wanna do it than more power to you.
The reason I started the best battle of the user month back in December was that we had too many issues with the battle forums. Being a competitive sport, things often get ugly.
- My inexperience with moderating an unfamiliar territory and outside of jurisdiction, the wiki community. I cannot fix the problem because I have no people skills.
- The lax moderation is allowing folks to bash each other.
- Kurohige was pointing out how the debating in Anime Vice's battle forums have plummeted because no one respected other or even know how to end a civil debate without getting out of hand.
The Best Battle of the Month was implemented to promote the battle forums and pick out users as role models. Try to motivate users to debate well and to become well rounded. Many of the past battle users were wiki editors, reviewers, or RPG members.
Eventually, the battle of the month will run into obscure users. By obscure, I mean users who only debated in the battle forums and didn't do reviews, blogs, or even fill out their bio. I approved Low's project because it will create incentive and accomplishments for obscure users. Recently, Tom Pinchuk posted Kurohige's Battle of the Month article on the front page. Making it the first time the battle forums have been mentioned on the front page for 5 long years in this site.
Outstanding and Well Round Users
- DBZ Universe
Active Debaters with known accomplishments or done something else besides battle forums
- Deadman323 - created a respect thread
- Eddz99 - respect threads
- CerusSerenade - RPG
- Jinbeifan - respect thread
- Supernova7005 - feat thread
- Justalittlegirl - RPG
- Shadow Okami9