@SpeedForceSpider: I'm not saying he would win easily, but with mid-difficulty. Probably more due to being essentially in character and Goten and Trunks wanting to beat up an older guy and Mirai Trunks going a little easy on them. But still, he would win in the end.
No one else is bothering to post why Trunks would win other than experience. Hell, I can even make an argument on why Mirai Trunks would win with mid diff power alone. If that was the case, then FPSSJ Goku should have been stronger than FPSSJ Kid Gohan due to experience barring SSJ2 of course.
1. Taking into consideration that gohan hasn't been in combat for 7 years negates said sparring session. And remember when goten was throwing rocks? Gohan told goten to step back after a while he said he can come closer. Because he had to get use to the flow of combat again. Heck even vegeta when on his usual ranting on gohan
Skip to 11:15 and watch till
It clearly states that he hasn't been training as much as he used to. And it been too long so he needed to adapt thats why he trained for the tournament.(he clearly showed this in the following video below.) Its like riding a bicycle. When you haven't done it in months maybe even years you won't have the same level of skill an maneuverability you had when you used to use it constantly. The same applied for the situation with goten(plus based on that throw it seems he only threw it at hypersonic speeds. IMO, not that it matters either way. He still threw it fast enough to surprise gohan.) Plus throwing rocks at him is not a big deal. Its still not the same as close combat speed.
At the end of the video he says he got used to it so goten could come closer. That supports my previous point about adaptation.
He was obviously holding back against goten, he was still casually blocking everything goten could do even in base form so that point about goten vs gohan is moot. He obviously wanted goten to get stronger, so giving him a better challenge was far more efficient than his base form. Plus in that fight he effortlessly beat him without breaking a sweat even in ssj from in the first place. Goten himself even remarks how no matter how hard he tries he can't beat gohan.
Goten clearly has limits. Same goes for kid trunks. Thats all i need to say, they have nothing that puts them on par with namek goku. Let alone mirai trunks and we can argue all day even with canon feats. Trunks surpassing 18, 17 and stomping semi-perfect cell is literally way above any feat they have.(18 even mentioned that after they went into SSJ that "maybe i shouldn't have underestimated them" Which further suggest she was holding back. In fact her beating vegeta and 17 one shotting future trunks is more impressive than what they shown.
BTW deflecting a KI shot is completely different from getting in a close combat rumble with a combatant in the DBZ and by the way the same broly was beating on goku and gohan and are you seriously going to argue that goten and trunks are stronger than them? Funny thing is Goku Trunks and Gohan would have at least put up a semi-decent fight against that version of broly at the time. Goten and trunks got wrecked utterly. And even tried to run away on multiple occasions during the fight. Heck i'd argue that based on broly's behavior during his fight with the boys that he was holding back too.
2. Wearing him out? That depends on your definition on said term. 18 stated she underestimated them which suggested she was holding back. And one good blow from her made them struggle to get up during their fight.
3.Not really im going based off pure showcases. Piccolo is way above 18 and 17 and trunks is waaaay above piccolo and 16 and SEMI-PERFECT CELL. We can argue all day whether or not the G&T vs 18 fight was legit or downplay but even then it wouldn't matter since trunks has feats far above "giving 18 trouble" Goten and Trunks have no showings that give us a solid and i mean solid idea of their power level. All we seen really is sparring against other opponents, and people holding back on them. Thats literally it. The Ado and Cabo fight is the only fight that seems legit. Goku even said ado and cabo were perfect combatants for them. Back to 18. Stomping vegeta and trunks and yet her getting pressured by goten and trunks IS downplay.(In fact i find it funny how 18 was so impressed by trunks's nuke level energy blast when weaker versions of herself and her brother were nuking cities as a hobby and were stomping all the z fighters effortlessly.) Akira has done some questionable shit in his own series. So i consider it WIS.
4. Maybe. But then again he did went head first against perfect cell when he first appeared despite how inevitable it was while goten and trunks by just the sound of buu's voice ran off sooooo kinda makes you wonder. Anyway thats not even relevant. Moving on.
5. I never tried to make it relevant i just mentioned it for the heck of it. -.-
6. Funny still allot better than pretty much anything goten and trunks did without fusion so again not relevant.
1. Yet it never stated anywhere that Teen Gohan lost any of the said power. How does one lose his power from lack of training? Vegeta was only pointing out how he and Goku surpassed him in terms of power not how he got any weaker. If that was the case then Dabura would have stomped Gohan with ease. Holding back? Goten was clearly pushing him into a corner the entire sparring session and Gohan had to resort to flying. In case you ignored what I have been saying the whole time, they trained in the ROSAT for almost a year, their power had a considerable boost since. And that riding bike analogy you used doesn't apply in the slightest. Once you mastered a skill(in this case Gohan mastered the SSJ form) it doesn't up and disappear just because you got lazy. If anything, Vegeta was talking about the SSJ2 form since the SSJ forms full potential is brought out. And again, lazy or not, he would annihilate Mirai Trunks with absolute ease.
2. Not it doesn't depend actually. It is actually a very sound and straightforward argument. I even posted a scan in my defense, your video doesn't work by the way.
3. Piccolo being above 17 and 18 has been made irrelevant already. It has been stated if the fight were to have been dragged out, then 17 would have outlasted him anyway. Piccolo didn't have a real advantage to speak of. And did you just say Trunks was above Semi-Perfect Cell in regular SSJ? Proof please? Because even Vegeta needed to ascend to face him and Trunks isn't stronger than his father in the least. I restricted ASSJ per the OP. The Ado and Cabo fight is still non-canon, so if you can use that special legitimately, then Broly Second Coming and Bio Broly are canon and those feats contradict your statements. The boy's would solo if that came down to it.
4. If it's not relevant then why bring it up? Since we are on the subject of fear, Trunks feared 17 and 18, Perfect Cell, and FPSSJ Goku. So does that make you wonder? And these are children by the way. Don't get me started on how in every saga, the Z-Warriors are craping their pants against the stronger villain. Look how SSJ3 Goku was whimpering against base Super Buu.
5. Bravo oh Bravo.
6. You say not relevant like your opinion > mine. Not something I would recommend doing in a debate, at least make an effort to refute my point.