On August 1 One Manga shut down saying this
" The day has finally come! It has been a great run and we thank you all for your kind words and support. We couldn't answer all the email we got (because we got a ton!), but know that all of your messages were read and heartfelt. Some were especially touching, and we can be proud of the fact that OM made a difference in some people's lives. Better than 'peanut butter and jelly' indeed!!"
Many heartfelt questions are answered
Why remove the unlicensed manga too?
- We debated this for a while. It is not clear at this point whether or not publishers have a problem with unlicensed manga scanlations. We have decided to remove the content until we have a better sense of what their stance on this is.
Are you going to leave the manga list and series information up?
- Yes. Now that we don't have to worry about the online reading part, we may even beef up our list which has always been somewhat lacking.
Any future plans for OM?
- We had some features planned for OM even before we decided to shutdown the online reader. Some of them were being rolled out on the beta site. We will finish rolling out these features as some of them are pretty close to done. We are also open to any ideas you might have, so do write to us with your suggestions!
What will happen to the beta?
- We'll try and maintain it for those that want to keep using it. It will require some changes though, so in the interim it may be buggy.
How can you help OM?
- Contact the publishers and tell them you love us! :). Send us feedback and suggestions on what you would like to see on the site. Join our Facebook group (400k+ and counting!). Other than that, your words of support is all that we need. We have made peace with the fact that the site is ending, and are just glad we had a chance to provide a service that brought smiles to many people's faces.
What will we do now
Ah I read most of my manga from One Manga. I mean it was so much easier to use than some manga scan sites. I will miss One Manga. Really I think I am going to cry.