: I'd argue the speed, but equalizer at base is the best option. "Yoko" Alita, aka Gally (Battle Angel Alita/Last Order, aka GUNNM):
The main protagonist of the series. Alita's past memories are still a bit fragmented, however it is clear she took place in the events of the Terraforming Wars more than two-centuries earlier in the series history as a radical that used her training in the art of Panzer Kunst
to battle the government of Ketheres that has controlled people for centuries. I'll push forward cause her history is long. She was taken in by Dr Ido 200yrs later with no memory, given the name Alita (Gally) after his dead cat, and the story starts there. Alita began to realize her skills and recall the art of Panzer Kunst throughout her time in the Scrapyard and journey across the land ruled by Tiphares. She has been a Bounty Hunter, Motoball Champion, and even an agent of Tiphares when hunting down Professor Desty Nova.
Alita has possessed numerous cyborg bodies over the years and her current status is the Imaginos2.1 after it was nearly destroyed by Super Nova (a more psychotic duplicate of Desty Nova with dual-brain chips giving him super-human mental prowess) and merging with the Fata Morgana
, had transformed and evolved her Imaginos cells into a higher state and completely regenerated and reconstructed her body after coming into contact with the Juvian Super Weapon, Tunguska, infecting it and translocating the Wormhole Driver into Alita's chest, giving her a limitless power source. Each time Alita has seemingly been destroyed, her connection to Melchizedek through the Fata Morgana has enabled her to return stronger each time.
Now for a list of things and abilities/tools she uses. Hertza Haeon
- The Hertza Haeon is Alita's most commonly used attack. It sends a high-frequency vibration into the target through contact, bypassing physical armors to strike at the targets internal parts and focusing kinetic energy to disable or destroy any part of the body that is struck, which can be anything from bones and muscle tissue to the heart or brain or any other internal organ, whether it be mechanical or otherwise. The effectiveness of this technique increased with the evolution of Alita's body and with the Imaginos1.0 it could affect the target with the slightest contact. Geschoss Schlag
- Otherwise known as the Electromagnetic Punch. Alita super charges her body and fist with electromagnetic energy and launches herself to deliver a devastating punch at hypersonic speed. The power of this technique can increase depending on how much force Alita is putting into it. Even when not making contact with the desired target, in her Imag1.0 body the shockwaves created around her by using this attack were enough to fling away Caerula like a ragdoll and leave the more than 700yr old vampire fairly injured. Ausser Stosse
- Translated as "Outer Thrust", it is a Counter-Attack used against an opponent by twisting into the opponents attack and using their own force against them to deliver a kick of devastating force that it would not have otherwise possessed. Einzug Rustungen
- By tuning herself to her opponents rhythm, Alita is capable of striking at the weakest point of a persons guard to penetrate their defenses. Hertza Nadel
- The "Heart Needle" is in fact a two-part attack utilizing a Verschlagg
, a shockwave released into the targets body, not unlike the Hertza Haeon, however it does not target a specific part of the body, instead focused to a point that rebounds within the whole of a targets body before concentrating into the targets extremeties (arms, legs or head) which can then be struck at any time and used to disable or destroy that part of the targets body with needle-point precision. It is less direct than the Hertza Haeon and almost impossible to counter without matching the frequency of the wave and canceling. Einsatzrhythmen
- By attuning her own Chi with that of her opponents, Alita is capable of canceling an opponents attack before it is launched. This is an ability she had used against the Motorball champion, Jashugan.
Other techniques can be noted, so here are some other abilities Alita has developed. Imaginos Cells
- These nanomachines are what comprise the majority of Alita's cyborg body and enable her to alter her form in almost any way imaginable, so long as she herself can imagine it. Anything from changing color to reshaping her form and creating organs for generating plasma. With the addition of the Fata Morgana, the Imaginos Cells have evolved passed Desty Nova's original design and are capable of regeneration as well as incorporating other matter around Alita which can result in various effects. The Juvians had noted that Alita's cells (Imaginos 2.0 by this stage) are an unknown form of Super Nanomachine that exceeded anything in the known system and completely ignored Tunguska's stated immunity to a nanomachine infection, having been completely unaffected by the Berserker Nanomachine cells. Nano Corrosion
- By using her Imaginos Cells, Alita can effectively corrode and control all inorganic matter within her vicinity as she chooses, and is capable of sending these corrosive nanomachines through the wormhole in her chest cavity to attack the Jupiter Ring when the Juvians tried to sever her control, corrupting and transforming a large portion of the satellite ring. More recently she had used this to take control and transform the Onion Ring section of Kethers where the ZOTT had been taking place, creating giant Plasma Wings to change its coarse and prevent its collision with the Moon and save millions of lives. Elbow Blades
- Alita's treasured Damascus Blade had been utilized as raw material in the creation of her imaginos body (much to her anger). Through her own mental focus, Alita is capable of creating these blades extending from her arms that're harder than diamond. Plasma & Electromagnetic Control
- Alita is capable of creating and manipulating both plasma and electromagnetic fields for various purpose and at various strengths. She has created plasma blades from her finger tips and even used plasma as projectiles and a method of flight by creating plasma jets under her heels. EM-Control gives her far greater control over the plasma and the form it can take, as well as accelerating her own body. A powerful enough EM-Field generated by herself (or others) can be utilized to permit Alita to move at a cosmic velocity for a nigh-instantaneous attack (Zekka actually did this to Toji and Alita herself was doing the same against Toji, but was disrupted by the Jovians yet again). Plasma Soliton
- Alita has instinctively created the ability to use Soliton Waves and send them through plasma and EM Fields to break down and destroy her opponents. This was first discovered and used against Sachummodo and was more recently used against Toji, turning his protective shield into a death trap. Fata Morgana
- The Fata Morgana is one of the two keys that controls the system of Melchizedek, a super computer originally designed to predict the future and made to save mankind from extinction. It has been built up and grown over nearly seven centuries and regulates all functions within society. It is connected to a vast matrix comprising more than 20thousand human brains used to magnify its prediction abilities and read the Karmic flow of the universe, which cannot be interpreted by even those who use the system. Arthur (one of the systems AI's) showed Aga Mbadi (the bad guy here) a fraction of the universe's karmic flow on a level he could understand (Mbadi has a super-human mind comprising of his own personal intellect and three bio-chips with the combined intelligence of three mad geniuses), and a few seconds of this had nearly damaged his mind to the point of insanity.
This Key creates a quantum link between Alita and Melchizedek, allowing her to utilize its near infinite processing power for her own uses. It has been used in both her resurrections and assisting her in saving Zazzie from the Dim-Mak technique used on her by Frau X on Mars, allowing Alita to counter and cancel out tens of thousands of microscopic, invisible, soliton waves rebounding within Zazzie's skull in a fraction of a second. The Fata Morgana also prevents cyberhacking from both Aga Mbadi and Super Nova. Chi
- It's not like DBZ. It follows the more prime discipline of the martial art than some giant energy explosion. Alita can sense and use chi to detect things around her and discern an opponents strengths. She has become so focused she was capable of detecting even the slightest move in the molecules of the air in the area surrounding her. Astral Decoys
- A technique discovered and used on the fly against Caerula Sanguis that Alita had picked up and used quickly. This enables her to project her own Intent
into the mind of her opponent to make them believe the Intent is the Real Alita, effectively creating a psychic illusion to confuse and distract the opponent. Caerula had first believed she had killed Alita, only to realize that what she had killed was the Intent
to move that Alita had projected. No one else in the ZOTT arena, the stands or other teams saw these projections. Mental Emptiness
- A state of Zen, if you will. Alita is capable of tricking the minds of those around her, making them see what is not there. This was shown when Rakan attacked Alita out of the blue and believed to have pierced her chest, only to discover he hadn't struck anything at all, and was deftly kicked aside by Alita who leaped over him. The master of Super-Carapace Karate, Taraba, had to wonder if Alita was even aware at how advanced her abilities were, as she was doing this without effort where other martial art masters may never achieve such a state of mind.
Alright, I think I'll cap off Alita there for now and move onto the rest. Jun Fudo (The Devil Lady)
: A young woman working as a model for an agency, she is discovered by Lan Asuka and forced to see that no all people are human as they are infected with what they call the Devil-Beast Virus. Jun herself becomes a Devil-Beast known as the Devil Lady and is used by Lan's organization to hunt down and exterminate other Devil-Beasts. Jun has no desire for this and yet has been forced into service and to help protect her young friend, Kazuki, whom she adopted and treats as a little sister. Eventually Kazuki herself becomes a Devil-Beast and ends up killed, driving Jun mad and is later raped by Lan (who turns out to be a hermaphrodite) and reveals shi herself is a Devil-Beast and awakens her power to act as the new God of the world. Jun was then sent to Purgatory where she melds with the Pillar of Despair and absorbs all the pain and suffering of every Devil-Beast that has been killed. She returns in her Giga Form and battles the new God Asuka and kills her. Devil Beast
- This is the form Jun assumes most when fighting other Devil Beasts. She very much resembles Devilman, Akira Fudo (in fact she is his female counterpart in this alternate universe when the world was destroyed and recreated). She possesses a degree of super strength and speed, as well as flight and a healing factor. Jun has proven to be quite resilient to injury and is capable of taking a lot of damage before losing consciousness. Even within a blazing building and set afire by a young Devil-Beast girl who had no control of her powers, Jun held the child until she died as her own body turned to ash. Claws
- Self explanatory really. When transformed Jun's nails are sharp and extremely strong, enabling her to rip and tear into her opponents and has been shown strong enough to rip the arms off of other Devil Beasts. Giga Form
- The Giga Form is the second transformation that only a handful of Devil Beasts possess. Effectively she transforms into a giant version of her Devil Beast self, her strength and powers increasing in proportion to her size (She's as big as Godzilla). In this form her wings and hair-wings can be used as weapons like sharp blades and easily cut through even the largest of Giga Form Devil Beasts, including that of God Asuka. In this state Jun is far more durable and much stronger. She is also capable of generating and using lightning and electrical force to zap and scorch her enemies into charred husks. Despite her immense size she is capable of easily outpacing attack helicopters, leaving them far behind in a matter of seconds. Lime (Saber Marionette J)
: Lime is an android, one of a handful created with the special "Girl Circuit", that effectively gives them a "Soul". How much they are loved and love others determines the strength of their spirit and growth as a person. Three such were needed to awaken the last living human woman to preserve the human race. Lime is an incredibly cheerful young girl who is a good fighter and possesses incredible physical strength. She has shown enough strength to lift half of a skyscraper and toss more than 200yrds. Lime used to have an issue with her stamina as her energy reserves would deplete the more power she used towards her strength. However, once her Girl Circuit has reached its full potential, this was no longer an issue. Takeru (Witchblade Manga
): Takeru is a young high-school girl who has lived most of her life as a priestess in training in a Temple comprised entirely of women. It wasn't until later when the temple was attacked by inhuman creatures that she learned that the Temple is where the hand of a demon, called the Witchblade, had been sealed away secretly. She accidentally came into contact with it and became the Bearer of the Witchblade. This awakened instinctual desires and feelings inside her, and gave her the ability to kills the demonspawn rather easily. Unlike other incarnations, Takeru does not normally form her body into other weapons, but can instead create Katanas to use in her hands, and can create as many as she wants by literally pulling them out from her abdomen.
The more she used the Witchblade to fight against the demon organization, the more powerful it became and the more she began to lose control over her own senses. When several of those close to her were killed, Takeru had gone fully enraged with the Witchblade and began using abilities previously unused. Her body further transformed and her speed and strength enabled her to run across open water at an incredible speed. She could create energy blades from her hands long and powerful enough to shred through naval vessels like paper and was sinking a fleet of ships before her boyfriend (who belonged to an ancient Demon-Hunting family and possessing a weapon to that effect) managed to stop her (in part because he was linked to Takeru by a skin graft taken from her to safe his life years earlier, and linked some of the power of the Witchblade to him). Aya Natsume (Tenjou Tenge)
: The self-proclaimed wife of Nagi Souichiro, Aya Natsume is a...bubbly young girl and the younger sister of Maya Natsume and Shin Natsume (both deceased now). She attends Todou Academy, a school where various martial arts families and practitioners attend with its own rules, and where fighting isn't against them, so long as it's sanctioned. Members of both the White and Red Feather families of the Takayanagi Flying Phoenix attend this school. Aya is trained in the Natsume style of fighting and swordsmanship and is considered one of the top fighters in the school. She is also part of the Jyuuken Club. She is effortlessly capable of cleaving through solid granite and boulders with katanas, even ones that are not special like Reiki. Reiki
- This is the sword that Aya and Maya have both used. An ancient sword that bears the same power as Amaterasu, that of the Reverse Dragon Gate. It has been used to help control the wielders super-natural powers, such as the Ryuugan. So long as the sword possessed Amaterasu's power, it appeared unbreakable and would never rust nor crack, nor has it for thousands of years.
- also known as the "Dragon Eyes". This is the special Blood Trait ability of the Natsume family and inherited from as far back as the originators of these special powers. The Ryuugan enables Aya to perceive both past and future and is capable of viewing all things in nature that surrounds her and has even been known to manipulate weather phenomena. As such Aya can perceive the attacks of others before they even happen, and is even capable of conversing with her First incarnation, one of three people renowned as gods some ten-thousand years ago (two of which were Amaterasu and Susanoo). Aya is the reincarnation of this goddess (Amaeratsu's sister) and the Ryuugan enables them to communicate across time, as well as experience all of their lives up to their present incarnation inside Aya.
The Ryuugan allows Aya to perceive this beyond her visual range. Even through buildings and walls.