im gonna put into question some of the things that i find weird about PL. if you have an answer for these questions feel free to post it below!
1.-what's the minimum PL required to moon bust?
2.- what's the minimum PL required to planet bust?
3.- are those PL proportional to the size of the object? (earth is 50 times bigger, you would need 50 times more PL according to logic)
4.- going by a proportional scale: is Frieza a solar system buster? if you think so answer the next question, if not skip.
5.-why frieza couldnt one shot namek when the required power level to destroy earth is no more than 10,000?
6.- is namek 100 times bigger than earth? even if frieza held back according to his PL he should have blown it to nothing even with the 1% of his PL. explain this fallacy.
9.- why can krilin at a PL of 75,000 can cut frieza at a PL of 120,000,000?
10.- how does PL take into account special abilities like time stop, breathing in space,lifting strenght,speed,DC, and h2h skills?
11.- why should power levels be used instead of feats? (goku defeating frieza makes him a planet buster. but why should it make him multi solar system level?) elaborate.
Can I still answer this? I'll give it a go.
1) Didn't Roshi do it at slightly under 200 or there abouts?
2) I'd hazard a guess of a planet the size of Earth at around 18,000 - 20,000 to really finish it off. Moon's mass is about 1.2% of Earth's so this could stand to reason.
3) I'd say there's some sort of relationship like that, I doubt Kishi put too much thought into it.
4) If going by masses is correct then Frieza at FP would have 6,000x the power required to destroy 1 Earth mass. Looking at the mass of Jupiter and comparing it to the mass of Earth, Frieza at FP could destroy around a planet with the mass of around about 19 Earths. Likely less than this because Jupiter is a gas giant after all. Let's say 15. Still no where near the Sun though which was 333,000x more massive than the Earth. So Frieza was multi-planet buster at best IMO.
5 + 6) If Namek was truly 100x more massive than the Earth then it would explain why Frieza couldn't destroy. He could only launch an attack that would destroy it's core triggering of a chain reaction. Was Namek 100x bigger than Earth anyway? I didn't know that was stated anywhere. It might just've been because if Frieza had blown up the planet with him on it he would've likely killed himself as well.
9??) Did Krillin at 75,000 cut Frieza at 120,000,000?
10) I think PL is just the sum total of Ki, speed and other facts are proportional to Ki but some people may be faster or some people may be stronger.
11) DBZ up until the end of the Namek arc ran on PLs. They were a good measuring stick I suppose. Toriyama had stated that he intended for DBZ to end at the Namek arc and that would've been the end of PLs too but due to fan demand DBZ was made to continue. All PLs after the Namek arc are pretty much made up and pointless so I usually try not to use them if I can.