1. No it is the opposite:
Roshi's moon bust is one of the most legit feat ever. If you don't accept it, that's your opinion.
2. I mentioned it for the only reason, if you use power scaling, use it on both character.
3. Aoe is not everything. Size doesn't matter in energy attacks.
4. Even kid Goku has very good feats. Team is most likely would win, but not because they are faster or stronger.
1. Roshi can't even beat the red ribbon army, or Tao who can get hurt by a grenade. How could he be moon level?
Here is another proof...
Chapter: 161, P13.4 Yajirobe: “But man, what kind of a guy are you?...I can’t believe you beat someone who could blow a city to pieces…”
Yajirobe (who is on par with Roshi) talks about city busting as something way beyond his league. This means city busting was still a big deal to guys on Yajirobe's level, which includes Roshi.
2. Powerscaling can be used, but it should be legit. Which is why I only scaled them off using R1 Ulquiorra's feats and not R2 Ulq's Lanza.
Same way, we can't scale kid Goku off Roshi because Roshi needs to go buff and this may multiply his power level to beyond Goku's .
3 and 4. I agree
1. Because as I said, destructive capability aren't everything, they are not controlling their ki as good as who naturally born with those talent. Yajirobe can't even shoot any ki ball. And the power-level theory comes after db.
Also you talk about meaningless stuffs here.
I talked about the exact feat. The moonbust. A complete storyline built all over the moonbust. People handle a lot of non-db feat as sacred undoubted fact with much less info. All you do is downplay.
2. No, you(or someone else, I didn't look the names) used it completely wrong. Ulqiorra is not in this battle and the trio can't use the same attack as Ulqiorra. Not like Goku and Roshi. They both know kamehameha, and Roshi was admitting to (old) king Piccolo he is weaker. Goku was stronger than Roshi and much more talented. You don't even have to scale.
I'm not a battle person, but I do agree on Toriyama's stuff is inconsistent. When I read comments from folks where they say Roshi is moon level, I don't think it's legitimate because Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z aren't consistent with each other. I think you have to choose one series over the other in your argument.
Holy Amaterasu! It is on-panel shown, commented, explained, referenced, re-suggested. Any smart generalizing thinking is wrong here. And Akira wouldn't do it again second time(dbz) if he don't think it seriously.
Also he wanted to end the db, and dbz too a dozen times. That's why it is inconsistent. But the moonbust isn't inconsistent, only the person who think.