This years convention was pretty nice. There were lots of booths and displays, all nicely spaced out. Also lots of panels and screens making it worth to come to these things. The only problems I had were the crowds that filled most of the conventions where people were lining up for demos, panels, and autographs. Also some booth were pretty unimpressive (Animenewsnetwork one with only a HDTV showing My sister can't be this cute stream demo and two posters to the side -_-) and some I question there reason to be here (Animal planet?). Overall it was fun to be there and hang with other people with the same interest.
Funimation Panel was pretty packed and some interesting news
- Summer wars will be release in some American theaters starting in New York and Los Angeles in Dec this year and will be release on DVD and Blu-ray in spring 2011.
- Evangelion 2.22 - You can (not) advance will be shown in theaters but can't 100% confirm it to be 2011.
- Eden of the east films will be release on disc form in 2011, the first one in spring and the second one later that year.
Bandai had a full panel too with some good news from them.
- Gundam Unicorn volume two will be release November 12, 2010
- Adding new products to there store like Durarara, 5 centimeters per second, and the Gurren Lagann movies.
- R.O.D Complete Blu-Ray Box will be release next year.
- Mobile suit Gundam both English and Japanese language dubs, sold in two parts as Anime Legends.
- Gundam Unicorn DVD for people who don't have blu-rays.
- Christina Vee announced the two voice actress, Cassandra Lee as Ritsu and Shelby Lindley as Mugi, both completely new to voicing acting in animes.
- K-on! will be released in DVD, DVD Limited Edition, Blu-Ray, and Blu-Ray Limited Edition starting in spring of 2011.
- Blu-ray releases of The girl that leapt through time and:
- to be released with Japanese and English dubs at an unspecified date.
Star driver US Premiere
The Premiere was very well received will people really enjoying it for its action, comedy, and ideas. Masahiko Minami, director of the anime, was there to answer question on the influences on the anime and what he wants the audience to see in this show.
Pics *Will add more soon*