Super Duper Mini Review
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Haruka on the left and Milan from seeason 2.
, aka Haruka Nogizaka's Secret, is an anime adaptation of the ongoing light novel series created by Yusaku Igarashi. There are two seasons both produced by Diomedea
(previously known as Studio Barcelona) and directed by Munenori Nawa. Both season consist of 12 episodes.
comedy, romance Themes: fanservice
, high school, otaku
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu centers around Yūto Ayase and Haruka Nogizaka. Yūto is seemingly ordinary, but Haruka is attractive, intelligent, and rich, which prompts other students to idolize her and even give her French nicknames like "Nuit Étoile" (The Silver Star of the Night) and "Lumière du Clavier" (The Shining Princess on the Piano). One day, Yūto wanders into the school library in order to return a book and accidentally stumbles upon Haruka's deepest, darkest secret: she is a diehard fan of anime and manga, in other words, a regular otaku. Promising Haruka to keep this a secret, Yūto becomes her advisor and confidente of some sort and hangs out with her more, though earning some viciously envious glares from his fellow schoolmates.
- A really bright and colorful world.
- A very cute/charming/fun tone to the show.
- A lot of the cast are common character types, but that doesn't mean the cast isn't enjoyable.
- Enjoyed the lighthearted take on the otaku world.
- Speaking of otakus, some references to other anime like Evangelion and Shakugan no Shana.
While it's not most original show in the romantic comedy genre, I still had a fun time with it.
- Some of the episodes are from the romantic comedy/harem check list. Hot spring episode? Check. Beach episode? Check. School festival episode? Check.
- The animation can be stiff a times. It could have been a little better.
- The ending has no real conclusion.
If you are looking for a fun/charming/lighthearted romantic comedy and don't mind fanservice, I say give it a go and see what you think.
Want to give the show a try? Crunchyroll has both season available to watch. LINK TO EPISODE 1
Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nogizaka_haruka_no_himitsu http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9012 http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10619
Don't forget to check out my ongoing blog
for my Super Duper Mini Reviews and my written reviews. :)
What's a Super Duper Mini Review? Well, since I'm taking a break from written reviews, I decided to put a short list of what I liked and didn't like about the shows I review and from time to time, put down some notes and fun facts. For some info about the show like genre, plot summary, etc., I borrow some info from Anime News Network, Wikipedia, and of course our wiki here on Anime Vice.