Super Duper Mini Review
, aka Black God and aka Kurokami: The Animation, is an anime based on the ongoing manga of the same name
, which is written by Dall-Young Lim and illustrated by Sung-Woo Park. There are 23 episodes and one OVA created by Sunrise
. The show was directed by Tsuneo Koboyashi and written by Reiko Yoshida
action, drama, fantasy
In this world, there are three identical looking people in existence who split between them an energy-like force called “Terra.” This energy can be attributed to the amount of “Luck” or “Life Energy” that an individual possesses. There also exists beings who observe the human world, maintaining the balance of Terra, known as the “Coexistence Equilibrium.” These beings possess ability that surpass that of a normal human being and reside in hiding in places known as the “Pure Place” in tribes. They are called the Terra Guardians. This is a tale of battle that begins with a chance meeting between a human boy named Keita and a young Tera Guardian girl named Kuro.
- A solid cast of characters.
- The art style kinda has a dark/griddy feeling in some spots and light/happy in some spots. It was a nice blend of the two.
- Really interesting concepts used in the show like the Doppeliner System and the whole contract thing was neat.
- Tons of fight scenes through out the show which aren't to shabby.
- Some nice twists as the show progresses.
- A slow start.
- While some of the twists were nice, some of them have been done before.
- Some events in the show were predictable.
Fun Facts & Notes:
- In the manga Keita is a 19 year old freelance computer programmer.
- The manga is created entirely by a Korean manhwa team led by both Lim and Park. They would occasionally make fun of the fact that none of them were fluent in Japanese in omake segments drawn at the end of each manga volume.
If you are into modern day action/fantasy shows like Shakugan no Shana
or Fate/Stay Night
, I say give this show a try and see how you like it.
IT'S MORPHING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111
Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurokami http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10262
Don't forget to check out my ongoing blog
for my Super Duper Mini Reviews and my written reviews. :)
What's a Super Duper Mini Review? Well, since I'm taking a break from written reviews, I decided to put a short list of what I liked and didn't like about the shows I review and put down some notes and fun facts as well. For some info about the show like genre, plot summary, etc., I borrow some info from Anime News Network, Wikipedia, and of course our wiki here on Anime Vice.