Since I have watched the anime of Negima!
, I decided to check out the manga for it ( Negima!
). Since January 17, I have been reading chapters of the manga just about every night and as of today, I have finally caught up to where the manga is currently at. As some of you may know, the manga is still going so I will not review the whole series as a whole like I usually do right now. Instead, I thought I would point out some things I like and dislike about the manga. It is really early in the morning (2am-ish) so I'm not going to go into super deep detail list. I'm just going to make a small list of the things I like and dislike about the manga. May contain some small spoilers so read at your own risk!
- I enjoy the goofy comedy of the show. Some of the jokes you can see coming sometimes, but I really enjoy it.
- I really enjoy the caste of characters (there are a ton of them) and all of them of unique and special in there own way.
- While the story can go a little over the top at times (it is a shonen manga after all), I've been digging it a lot, especially the current arc of the manga.
- I'm a sucker for fanservice and this series has tons of it.
- Latter on the in the series there are some epic battles that are pretty sweet.
- From a harem perspective, it's really good. As some of you may know, the creator of Negima!, Ken Akamatsu, has also created Love Hina, which is one of the most popular harem franchises of all time. With Negima!, he nails down the harem once again.
- It some usual shonen stuff like tournaments, hidden powers, characters dying (or not?), etc.
- Some times it can get a little talkative with lots of text in one panel.
- Negi is a lucky basted. I want tons of girls to hang out with. :(
There you have it. Just a brief list of things I like and dislike. If you have watched animes of the franchise, Negima!
, and loved them, you owe you self a favor and should check out the manga. There is a spinoff a manga ( Negima!? Neo
, based on Negima!?
) as some of you may now, but I'm not going to check it out right now. I'm going to stick with Ken's original work.
Well, I'm off to bed now. Night!