Expect this blog posting to be regularly updated throughout this weekend to account for any later announcements made by American distributors throughout the weekend at Anime Expo. Outside of licensing announcements, I will also add in details on other announcements made by distributors during their industry panels:
- NIS announced two upcoming Blu-Ray releases for the anime, Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W (which will be released under the title Nyaruko! Crawling with Love Second Season). Home Sweet Home will be released on October 14 and the second season of Nyaruko will be released on November 4. Both sets will be released in Premium Edition sets.
- Colleen Clinkenbeard as Luffy
- Luci Christian as Nami
- Sonny Strait as Usopp
- Eric Vale as Sanji
- Christopher Sabat as Zoro
- Brina Palencia as Chopper
- Stephanie Young as Robin
- Patrick Seitz as Franky
- Ian Sinclair as Brook
- Jeremy Schwartz as Z
- Lauren Landa as Ain
- Matt Mercer as Bins
- Brian Mathis as Garp
- Ed Blaylock as Sengoku
- Andrew Love as Akainu
- Jason Douglas as Aokiji
- Ray Hurd as Kizaru
- Mark Fickert as Mobston
- Micah Solusod as Coby
- Mike McFarland as Helmeppo
- Juli Erickson as Tsuru
- Tia Ballard as Young Z
- Angela Chase as Purin
- Darryl Roberds as Kibin
- Sentai has acquired licensing rights to the following titles: Chaika the Coffin Princess, Argevollen, Ao Haru Ride, Akame ga Kill, Invaders of the Rokujyoma, Rail Wars, Survival Game Club, Glasslip, Noucome and Yuushibu.
- The company has announced plans of releasing several of their titles in limited-edition box sets in the near-future, said titles being High School of the Dead; Love, Chuunibyou and Other Delusions and Beyond the Boundary.
Aniplex of America
- Aniplex plans to release a Blu-Ray box set of Valvrave the Liberator's first season on September 23 and will accept pre-orders of the series beginning Monday. The set will be priced at $149.98 USD and will have Japanese audio with English subtitles. Special features and bonus content with the set will include creditless opening and closing sequences, trailers, commercials, postcards and a collectible poster signed by character designer Katsura Hoshino.
- The company plans to hold a contest where it will award two winners the opportunity to receive a paid trip to attend the AnimeJapan convention in Tokyo on March 21 and 22 of next year. More details on the contest will be revealed on Aniplex's official site.
Dark Horse Comics
- Dark Horse announced their acquisition of the one-volume Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt manga and an Art of Satoshi Kon artbook. Both will be getting releases in May (Panty and Stocking) and August (Kon artbook) of next year.
- The company will be resuming their printing of The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service manga starting in August 2015, by releasing the first 13 volumes of the series in sets of three-volume omnibus publications and resuming the printing of individual volumes starting with the 14th volume of the series afterward.
- For manga, Viz announced that they have acquired licensing rights to the second part of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga series, Battle Tendency, and Requiem of the Rose King. They plan to digitally release Battle Tendency in March.
- Viz also plans to digitally release the first part to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga, Phantom Blood, in Sepetember and released to print in February 2015, with the printed release being a deluxe edition with color pages and new cover art. The third part, Stardust Crusaders, will be digitally released starting today with new volumes of the series coming out every week.
- For their Shojo Beat manga line, Viz has licensed Vampire Knight: Life, Meteor Prince and The Demon Prince of Momichi House. Vampire Knight will be released as a digital exclusive, while Meteor Prince and Momichi House will have releases starting in January and July of next year respectively.
- The English dub cast for Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet was announced. The cast include the following:
- Alan Lee as Ledo
- Cassandra Lee Morris as Amy
- Matthew Mercer as Chamber
- Marc Diraison as Kugel
- Karen Strassman as Striker
- Julie Ann Taylor as Bellows
- Patrick Seitz as Pinion
- Laura Post as Ridget
Viz plans to release the series to DVD and Blu-Ray sometime later this year, included with additional OVA episodes.
- Viz also announced their release plans and dub cast for the upcoming re-release of the original Sailor Moon anime seasons. The dub cast will consist of the following:
Main Voice Cast
- Stephanie Sheh as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
- Kate Higgins as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Cristina Vee as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
- Amanda C. Miller as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
- Cherami Leigh as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
- Robbie Daymond as Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask
Supporting Voice Cast
- Johnny Yong Bosch As Artemis
- Michelle Ruff as Luna
- Danielle Nicole as Naru Osaka
- Ben Diskin as Gurio Umino
- Tara Platt as Ikuko Tsukino
- Keith Silverstein as Kenji Tsukino
- Nicolas Roye as Shingo Tsukino
- Cindy Robinson as Queen Beryl
- Todd Haberkorn as Jadite
- Liam O'Brien as Nephrite
- Lucien Dodge as Zoicite
- Patrick Seitz as Kunzite
Viz is planning to release the first BD/ DVD boxset of the series on November 11; with the Special Edition set including six discs, a chipboard box with space for the second part BD/ DVD set and an 88-page booklet containing artwork, character profiles and episode guides. Extras on the discs will include an interactive art gallery, behind-the-scenes voice recording, announcement panel and fan reactions, sizzle trailer, creditless opening and closing sequences and other trailers. Pre-ordering the Special Edition boxset through Rightstuf will get fans a collectible coin while supplies last.
- Vertical announced that they too have acquired printing rights to a Satoshi Kon artbook, Dream Fossil: The Complete Satoshi Kon. The artbook will include 15 short manga stories that Kon developed and some projects that he developed during his late teen years that led to his anime direction career to start up. The artbook will be released in the summer of next year and will sell for $24.95.