I love romantic comedy anime and it's my favorite genre. Dream has suggested a lot of good romance series but I'm going to add a few more with an emphasis on comedy.
There is one thing I would like to mention. His and Her Circumstance is one of the best romance animes I've seen, but it has no ending. It's almost as if you were reading a 100 page story and everything after page 68 was blank. From what I understand, the reason for this is a conflict between the manga author and the anime studio director. He chose to highlight the comedic elements of the series and, from her viewpoint, that underplayed the romance. The director left the series late and the remaining shows do take on a more melancholy tone. When the 26 episodes were done, she refused to commit to any further episodes and so it just stops with a lot of unresolved plot points and story elements in play. Still, I found the show to be well worth the experience even if it left me completely dissatisfied at the end. One bright note is that the manga is available complete in English for reading.
My suggestions for romantic comedies (with English dubs) are:
- School Rumble - ah, after all I said about H&HC, I need to mention that this series ran into trouble in its 3rd season. Following two hilarious 26 episode seasons, a third was planned and partially completed but never fully finished. To appease fans, the studio released only the final two episodes of season 3 as an OVA to give the franchise a proper ending. This is my absolute favorite anime, so I keep hoping that the studio will return to it and give it a full 26 episode 3rd season some day.
- Maison Ikkoku - This is my favorite romantic comedy due to the problems I outlined concerning H&HC. It's a 96 episode long love story spanning 5 years in the characters lives. made back in 1986. It can get a bit frustrating later in the show as it one-step-forward-two-steps-back a bit too often, but only one other show has left me feeling more satisfied as the final credits rolled. You can watch it on YouTube with English audio.
- My Bride is a Mermaid - very funny anime with a satisfying ending
- Baka to Test Summon the Beasts - two seasons are out, a lot of fun although more of a straight comedy with romance than a true romantic comedy
- Love Hina - a classic but I'm not sure how well it holds up after all these years. I confess it's been a while since I've see it.
- Midori Days - this one just has an odd premise. It's not the best in how it tells its story and it too easily falls into well worn scenarios, but I liked it for what it was. I wouldn't rush to see it but it is available with English audio.
- Yamada's First Time - I really liked the intermix of miscommunication-comedy with first love naivete in this show, but others have been turned off by its sex comedy premise. There is (to the best of my memory) no nudity in it, if that's a concern of yours. There might be some semi-nudity however (bare buttocks or conveniently covered breasts). I honestly can't recall. This one is going to be a judgment call on your own.
- Ranma 1/2 - another older one. This show is one part straight comedy, one part action and one part romantic-comedy, so I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. There are a lot of episodes and a few OVAs, too. There's no arc per se and thus no real conclusion to any of it. Most stories are single-episode tales, but if you're looking for something to have on in the background while you do other things, this one is pretty good. The English dub is very good, too although I wish they'd have left out some of the more obvious localization changes.
The first Negima is worth taking a look at even though the ending is a considerable disappointment. The second Negima is better but exchanges romance for action.
There are a lot more really great romantic comedies I could suggest (Toradora, Nodame Cantabile, Kimi ni Todoke, etc...) but they're only available in Japanese with English subtitles.
i really enjoyed school rumble already and baka and test. but damn gonna give all of these a try