1. What do you think?
2. Okay let's analyze this shall we?
3. I fail to see how him being a golden child answers my Susanoo question. Intelligence can help sure, but it won't help much against a person from a different verse with fighting capabilities he is unaware of.
4. Renji's flight gives him the advantage of keep away which is more than enough. Itachi is well known for his poor stamina, he has to act fast. The only move I see him connecting with is Yasaka Magatama.
5. Clones can just easily get mowed down by his bankai you know. And look's like you agree Stamina is a factor, so why would he waste chakra on clones? That would mean less energy to use on Susanoo no? His MS has a killer toll on his body, he can't afford to expend the extra chakra on fodderizable clones.
6. True, but the feats pre time skip should suffice.
It was rhetorical but to make a point that people only mainly focused on his eyes.
Golden Child is a joke on Kishimoto uchiha love. Minato fits the bill there well sort of to. You do realize that Itachi didn't have much knowledge on Nagato's abilities. Chibaku Tensei being the thing. He likely didn't know shared vision either before using base Bee as guinea pig unintentionally. Itachi didn't have any ideas on Sage Kabuto abilities either. HE knew sage mode but that was it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out basic physical abilities.
As with the others. You are not explaining what this keep away strategy or zoning tactic would be. Renji doesn't fight like that either. And also about stamina if this was Sick Itachi I would agree but if this is supposedly healthy Itachi, he isn't going to drop dead in 15 minutes. Most superhuman fights aren't going to last that long. I say flight allows him to dodge Yasaka better but its speed is unknown so I won't say anything.
Of course clones get mowed down easily, that's the point for distraction. What you said for Itachi's lack of knowledge works both ways for Renji too. Except Itachi does a better job of surprising his opponents. Why? Because Itachi always uses clones. His very sick self used one shadow clone, and MS 4 times afterwards. Susanoo was said to consume lifeforce. HE did use it when his stamina was barely existent.
Lets take the fact that its very possible that his bankai is vulnerable would be vulnerable to totsuka blade. Shikai is a no brainer. His bankai isn't close to kirin's power.