What's a Super Duper Mini Review? Well, since I'm taking a break from written reviews, I decided to put a short list of what I liked and didn't like about the shows I review and put down some notes and fun facts as well. For a little info about the show, I copy the Plot Summary from the Anime News Network pages and throw them in the review so the reader can be a little bit informed on what the bases of the show is about. I also borrow some info from Wikipedia as well.
Super Duper Mini Review
Pani Poni Dash! is an anime series based on the manga of the same name, Pani Poni. The show was produced by GANSIS and Shaft and it was directed by Akiyuki Shinbo. The show was aired in Japan in 2005.
Pani Poni Dash! is a comedy, parody show.
The 11 year old Miyamoto Rebecca becomes the new teacher of a classroom which is full of weirdos. Despite her cute looks she's a little beast and can be pretty sarcastic and offensive. The school is not safe anymore now that she's in charge of a class and her students, Himeko, Ichijou, Rei and a white rabbit who took a liking to Rebecca help her to rough up the school and the neighbour-class with its teacher "ojiichan."
--- Anime News Network
- A wacky cast of enjoyable characters that makes this show fun. From Rebecca to Ichijou, they are all unique.
- Very goofy and insane show. Reminds me of Hayate the Combat Butler , Lucky Star, and My Bride is a Mermaid, and a little bit of Azumanga Daioh.
- Super cute and colorful art style.
- Tons, and tons or references to movies like Planet of the Apes, The Exorcist, to other things like Super Mario Bros. and Dragon Ball.
- Really cool openings and endings.
- Like other Shaft shows, the art style can be very stylish and unique.
- While the show does have a lot of references that are awesome, it's less enjoyable when you don't know them. There were many that I didn't get and I was like "Ok?" and "I don't get it." The fansubs I watched helped explain them, but it still would have been more enjoyable if I didn't have to read the little blurb for every reference they make.
- Like a lot of comedy shows, there is no ongoing plot. Most of the show is episodic.
While I didn't get many of the reference in the show, which is many, I still had a blast with Pani Poni Dash.
If you enjoyed shows like Lucky Star, Hayate the Combat Butler, My Bride is a Mermaid, or Azumanga Daioh, you will definitely get a kick out of this show. Be prepared for all the references in the show, there are maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany.