Panty and Stocking use a wicked assortment of sex toys to eradicate an army of the undead. When the dust settles, the foul-mouthed sisters find themselves on trial for ghost murder with a monkey for an attorney!
Part 1: ...Of the Dead
Panty & Stocking are holed up in Romero & Carpen Town against an army of zombie ghosts.
Part 2: One Angry Ghost
Panty & Stocking are the guest stars on the court show Judgment Day. with their lives on the line for the murder of a ghost.
Points of Interest
....Of the Dead
- The title "...Of the Dead" is a reference to the Living Dead movies and several other zombie themed properties, such as the manga/anime series Highschool of the Dead.
- The location of Romero & Carpen Town is a reference to two popular horror film directors. George Romero who directed Night of the Living Dead (1968) & Dawn of the Dead (1978), and John Carpenter who directed Halloween (1978) & The Thing (1988).
- The sign for Romero & Carpen Town lists the total population at 666. This is often referred to as the "sign of the beast", meaning the devil.
- In the police station where Panty and Stocking are held up in at the beginning of the episode shows a welcoming party was ready for them. In Resident Evil 2, the preparations for a welcoming party could be found in the Racoon City Police station for Leon Kennedy since it was suppose to be his first day.
- One of the survivors mentions there was meant to be three angels. This is a reference to the 1976 TV series, Charlie's Angels, who are mentioned by name later.
- Stocking talks about using holy water, silver bullets, or garlic against the zombies, but these are more popularly known as weapons against vampires and werewolves.
- Scanty and Kneesock raise a zombie cat in the grave yard. A cat was one of the animals raised in the movie Pet Cemetery(1989).
- The way Stocking poses as she kills the zombie cat is reminiscent of Bruce Lee.
- In every zombie movie, there is always a member of the survivors who is bitten. They either turn at an inopportune time or attempt to sacrifice them self to save the others.
One Angry Ghost
- The title "One Angry Ghost is a reference to the story 12 Angry Men, a story about twelve jurors who heatedly deliberate a court case of murder.
- The lawyer Tom Croose is a parody of the film actor Tom Cruise.
- The monkey lawyer Mr. Abrams is wearing a blue suit similar to Phoenix Wright.
- After Mr. Abrams is shocked and starts talking for himself, the scene's parody of the Phoenix Wright games becomes more noticeable. Even the judge here mimics the images of the judge from the games.
- In the Phoenix Wright games, the true murder is often the person who takes the witness stand against another. The happens in this episode where Mr. Husband was murdered by his wife.
- When the judge pleads for Panty and Stocking to fight, they hold it over him that it was he who told them not to perform such lurid acts. This is similar to the scene in Ghostbusters 2(1989) during the trail when the judge begged the Ghostbusters to capture the ghosts of the Scoleri Brothers.
- As the judge is begging, you can see that he's not wearing pants but only a thong.
- As Mrs. Wife Petter blows up, she screams out "Carpenter!".