Tuesday is Toyday! 12/23/08

Louise
Louise

Well, I haven't quite made it to Atlanta yet...actually, I'm stuck in San Francisco, taking a bump. It's a mild pain, but tomorrow I'll be on a first class flight direct to ATL with a bonus Delta voucher in my pocket. Woohoo!

Speaking of first-class, this week's first figure is absolutely that: Louise de la Valliere, in my favorite outfit for her, the waitress bustier get-up. Not only

Louise II
Louise II

that, she's crawling onto a bed, adorable as can be. Much love for Louise here...although maybe not $135 (12,000) worth. On the other hand, the dress comes off...

...While I was looking at that Louise figure, I stumbled upon another one that I missed: Alter's goth-punk maid Louise. I like the dress, I love the boots, and the hair's okay...but I don't know how well the three all work together, honestly. But seriously, I want those boots for myself. Hey, um, do we have any cosplay budget?...

Yoko
Yoko
Next up we have the equally lovely new 1/5 scale Yoko figure from Good Smile Company, also at a slightly more affordable 9240 ($100 USD). Now those of you who have been following me for very long know that for me, the most important part of a figure isn't the outfit, or the pose, it's the face-- a truly vibrant, lively face can usually make up for mediocrity in the rest of the piece in my book. I love Yoko's face in this. It's absolutely adorable, which is really nice to see on a character who, due to her curvaceous body design, is often resigned to the less cute and more sexual expression. They've also done a very nice job on the twist of her body. Mmmmm.

...Err, sorry, I gotta go wipe the drool off of my keyboard.

Agent_Loston Dec. 23, 2008 at 7:20 p.m.
I must says that Gothic Louise look amazing
Void_Wizardon Dec. 23, 2008 at 8:11 p.m.
I have to say I mum, LOVE these Louise figurines to death and would do so to anyone that bought me 'em. I may have to find a way to buy one or both of these myself...
Sigueon Dec. 23, 2008 at 9:21 p.m.
The Louise figures are a resounding "meh" for me, and the removable dress creeps me out. Isn't she like, ten? The Yoko is totally do want though.
Void_Wizardon Dec. 23, 2008 at 9:24 p.m.
No, she is more than likely a teen.
giaon Dec. 23, 2008 at 9:41 p.m.
Sigue: She's 16-- underage, but not prepubescent. DFC != loli!
HumanoidTyphoonon Dec. 24, 2008 at 12:55 a.m.
Do want the Louise figures.
TheNomadon Dec. 24, 2008 at 7:24 a.m.
Anime toys suck
Death_Flameon Dec. 24, 2008 at 8:21 a.m.
Woooooooo  go toyday ^_^!!!
atheistiumon Dec. 24, 2008 at 9:18 a.m.
Good Smile is so delicious!
hazelnutmanon Dec. 24, 2008 at 10:23 a.m.
zomg, delicious Yoko figurine :3
Zeouterlimitson Dec. 24, 2008 at 4:37 p.m.
Oh yes, I saw that Yoko figure, I may or may not have growled appreciatively...
BloodRavyneon Dec. 25, 2008 at 11:47 p.m.
The way gia drools over anime girls makes me wonder if she is Bisexual :P ;)
giaon Dec. 26, 2008 at 7:56 a.m.
BloodRavyne: You actually still wonder?
Sonata moderator on Dec. 26, 2008 at 8:56 a.m.
The figures look so cute!:)

Dig Deeper into Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière

The main heroine of Zero no Tsukaima, she is the third daughter of the La Vallière family, and Saito's master.

Anime Caption Contest! -- 8/18/14

Let's party hard at the beach while it's still summer!

Does Anime Get Too 'Niche?'

THE VICE PIT. Sometimes, it feels like watching somebody else's home movies, doesn't it?

I'm Trying Really Hard to Like ALDNOAH ZERO #2

...but it's sooooo self-serious!

AKAME GA KILL! is... OK for a Harem Show?

Episode #2. W&L. I wish this were better.

Listen to the JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE Rap!

Richie Branson continues his weekly anime-inspired rap series with the hip-hop tribute "Stand-Up."

NOBUNAGA CONCERTO #1&2 -- Special Review

A spectacle like this only comes once in a great while.

DRAGON BALL -- Does the First Saga Hold Up?

THE VICE PIT. We re-visited the very first DRAGON BALL arc and wonder if nostalgia has blinded us about Emperor Pilaf.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE : STARDUST CRUSADERS #20 -- Special Review

Eat poo... and die?

AKAME GA KILL! is... OK for a Harem Show?

Episode #2. W&L. I wish this were better.

Anime Caption Contest! -- 8/18/14

Let's party hard at the beach while it's still summer!

I'm Trying Really Hard to Like ALDNOAH ZERO #2

...but it's sooooo self-serious!

Does Anime Get Too 'Niche?'

Listen to the JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE Rap!

Excellent Anime You Might've Missed -- BREAK UPS

It's a lot more than 'slice of life.'

NOBUNAGA CONCERTO #1&2 -- Special Review

A spectacle like this only comes once in a great while.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE : STARDUST CRUSADERS #20 -- Special Review