- I got a tip from Sailordees, editor of the Moon Chase Sailor Moon fanblog, about a survey they're taking in order to drum up more interest in a Sailor Moon re-release. Given Toei's statements about a resurgence of the franchise, it might not take too much more pushing to get it-- so you Moonies out there will want to take part!
- Remember how much those Nanoha film strips went for when they were given away as promo items in Japan? Well, apparently KyoAni decided to try the same thing for The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya-- and a Yuki Nagato shot sold for ¥356,000 (just under $4k USD).
- TOKYOPOP confirmed their license of the 4koma manga Neko Ramen in their TOKYOPOP Insider event today, and have launched a site for the manga. If you're curious and want to try it out today, you can watch the anime over at Crunchyroll.
- I clicked out of the Tpop Insider event a bit early, so I missed this, but Deb Aoki and AllAboutManga note that they've mentioned having some "issues" with licensor Ichijinsha, who publish Dazzle, Loveless, and Vampire Doll, so if the releases on those are slow, that may be why.
- Missed it: the LA Times has added a comic award to its Festival of Books event, and among its first nominees is GoGo Monster, by Eisner award-winning Taiyo Matsumoto (remember Tekkonkinkreet?). Caught it: Graphic Novel Reporter.
- Austin, TX's Anime Overload has changed its dates from June 25th-26th to August 6th-8th, due to June's proximity to other events.
And that should cover you folks for today. I'm trying to get a video review of Sands of Destruction done, but it's not going as smoothly as I'd like-- keep an eye out for it today or tomorrow!