- VIZ has established a new site for all of their streaming anime, which makes use of Hulu-- so it'll be handy for those of you who don't want any FUNi all up in your stuff. (Kidding-- it'll probably be handy for those wanting to navigate through, say, Naruto or InuYasha).
- Crunchyroll is giving away a free iPad. To be eligible, you have to become their fan on Facebook AND sign up for a premium membership-- but you can use the two-week free trial counts, so no purchase necessary. While you decide whether to try it or not, I'm going to go over here and watch the latest episode of Durarara (again). <3
- Right Stuf is apparently going to carry the Big Bang Theory t-shirt that says "It's not cartoons...it's ANIME!" If I see any of you Vice Squad members wearing it at a con, I warn you: I will either hug you or shoot you. I'm not sure which yet.
- Digital Manga Publishing has announced two new license rescues: one is Target in the Finder, Ayano Yamane's most popular work, and the other is Kizuna, also a prominent BL manga. Both originally came from Central Park Media, and I wonder how much of a bidding war there was between DMP and the other remaining BL pubs?
- Online manhwa publisher NETCOMICS is reportedly turning one of their licensed properties into a movie. Um. By themselves?
- Oh, and some nifty behind-the-scenes vids for the upcoming manhwa film Priest are out, too.
- Bad news for Sakura-Con goers: anime director Yasuhiro Imagawa (of Tetsujin 28-go and Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen) has cancelled his visit to the Seattle event this April. But you still have tons of other guests ( NOIZI ITO!) and the Trigun Badlands Rumble WORLD PREMIERE, so screw you guys for complaining. (Kidding. Mostly.)
- Aaaaand here's the schedule for 91.8 The Fan, if you'd like-- it's Pokemon-themed this week. They've also apparently managed to score exclusive press rights to Anime Vegas (is no one else going? Or did they actually negotiate that? If the latter-- wacky).
Good morning, everyone! Looks like it'll be a sunny one in the Bay Area today, thank god. How's things in your neck of the woods?