It’s time once again for the Daily Shin Buun, and this time there’s a TON of stuff to talk about, so let’s get going without further ado!
- Animate.tv has a trailer for the upcoming Utawarerumono OVA—hit the bright orange buttons (left is “narrowband” and right is “broadband”).
- The cast of the upcoming anime adaptation of Denpa Teki na Kanojo has been announced: Yoshimasa Hosaya is playing his first lead role, punky Juu Juuzawa, in the show opposite Ryou Hirohashi (Bamboo Blade’s Tamaki / Clannad’s Kyou Fujibayashi) as his “electric girlfriend” Ame Ochibana, who apparently goes through weird phases when she’s around electromagnetic waves.
- Nana Mizuki, voice actress extraordinaire (Nanoha’s Fate, Naruto’s Hinata, Darker than Black’s Misaki), is scheduled to make an appearance at Jump Festa to promote Rosario + Vampire Cappu2, along with her co-stars.
- ANN has word of a possible leak that claims a new La Corda d’Oro anime is in the works, so keep an ear out and we’ll see if it’s true.
- Finally, VIZ is quick to congratulate itself on Naruto’s widespread appeal—the ninja manga was #7 on Yahoo!’s top 10 searches of 2008 list, so I'll join in. Congrats!
- Kotaku reports that WiiWare in is going to get some manga, starting with three chapters of Princess Ai. (The first volume of Ai was released in Japanese in 2004, so don’t go getting all excited about that.) Kotaku also mentions rumors that manga may yet make Wii in the west, so we’ll see.
- eigoManga has announced a new OEL title called Sakura Pakk Versus Rumble Pak, which combines stories from the shoujo Sakura Pakk OEL line and the shounen Rumble Pak OEL line into one gooey combo of shoujo and shounen stories—should make for an interesting read.
- Square Enixdos? Giant Bomb reports that Squenix has placed a bid to try and buy ailing Eidos at the last minute. I hope they don’t change their name again; I kinda like “Squenix.”
- Meanwhile Bandai has announced a new game line for the west called SURGE, and the first title it’s releasing is…oh, hey, it’s that Afro Samurai game. How about that?
- An article in Variety reports that Toei is completely revamping its studio, complete with a 21,251 square foot soundstage. The soundstage will be done in November 2009, although the entire renovation project won’t finish up until May 2010. Apparently this has been in the plan for four years…I’m kind of jealous about the sheer job creation Toei’s performing for ’s economy, honestly.
- For those of us who’re trying to watch our weight, now offers a text message weight loss nagging service, according to alafista. They haven’t bothered offering it to the , because they realize that people like me usually have our mothers to do that for us.
- PORN ALERT! Don’t say I didn’t warn you that this link is porn-tastic—but it’s also quite interesting, because an ero video featuring Mai Gotou has been released, completely unbesmirched by mosaic censorship. Now we get to sit back and watch to see if the company gets in trouble.
- Is there a lawyer in the house? If so, VIZ may want YOU! to protect them from potential legal hazards.
This section is quickly becoming like my own personal “Moment of Zen” (with apologies to the Daily Show).
<darkcyder0> that cat chick has a gun
<rorwut> if you were a cat chick, wouldn't you be packing heat too?<rorwut> makes more sense than an NFL wide reciever carrying one, right?