Takashi Miike Is Interested In A Live-Action Afro Samurai

Could this happen sometime soon?

Let me first say I'm not sure if this is really actual news.  Screenrant.com is reporting an 'exclusive' that Japanese director, Takashi Miike is interested in a live-action "Afro Samurai" movie.  He said that "given the opportunity he would love to make a live-action Afro Samurai film aimed at U.S. audiences."
The reason I question this is because he said that he was interested.  That doesn't mean anything has been placed into motion.  Hey, you know what, I'd be interested in directing the movie too.  But that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Maybe I'm being too skeptical.  Maybe I just don't want to get my hopes up.  Who wants to see a live-action Afro Samurai?  Would it work?

Even though Sam Jackson does the voice, I don't think he should do it in person.  I guess Andre 3000 (from Outkast) has expressed interest in the role before.

What do you think?
Sonata moderator is online on Feb. 6, 2009 at 7:08 p.m.
I dont know about this, think about Afro Barely talks at all, it mostly Ninja Ninja doing all the talking. Afro is a Character that will only work in Anime IMO
Devillyon Feb. 6, 2009 at 7:23 p.m.
Andre 3000 i can see that awesome
The worst actor for Afro would be Eddie he never shuts up kinda think of it let him play Ninja Ninja XD

seriously though if it does come out i hope they wont screw it up like DBE and Chun Li
Sonata moderator is online on Feb. 6, 2009 at 7:27 p.m.
Devillyon Feb. 6, 2009 at 7:29 p.m.
Sonata said:
"Eddie Murphy would be a horrible choice, but Eddie Griffin playing as Ninja Ninja would be almost perfect."
yeah your right my bad :)
Nerxon Feb. 7, 2009 at 1:08 a.m.
Please be as gory as Ichi The Killer
DocHauson Feb. 7, 2009 at 11:22 p.m.
I gotta say, if a live-action version of Afro Samurai does appear, Takashi Miike is definitely the guy I'd see doing it. And I'm saying this as a guy who recently saw the strangely enthralling Sukiyaki Western Django.
Kuroon Feb. 10, 2009 at 6:30 p.m.
Samuel L. said if a movie was ever made, he'd want to play the father and let a younger guy be Afro. This would be awesomeballs.
Nikoon Feb. 10, 2009 at 7:03 p.m.
It would be interesting, and if it could be done, Miike could do it, but I think I prefer animated.
Kawaii_Naion Feb. 11, 2009 at 6:11 p.m.
If they could do it right I think it would be wonderful.
DarkXNeroXAngeloon Feb. 25, 2009 at 9:31 p.m.
I say they should use Tak Sakaguchi as Jino sicne he was bad ass in death trance xD

Dig Deeper into Afro Samurai

Afro's father was known as Number One. When Afro was a child, his father was killed by Number 2 in front of him. Afro has dedicated his life to avenge his father's death. As the new No. 2, he is out to kill No. 1.

Does Anime Get Too 'Niche?'

THE VICE PIT. Sometimes, it feels like watching somebody else's home movies, doesn't it?

Pick Anime Vice's Most Rockin' AMV! Part 3: Villains!

This month's AMV Tournament features villains! Submit your best Villain themed AMV!

Anime Caption Contest! -- 8/18/14

Let's party hard at the beach while it's still summer!

Was KILL LA KILL Actually Any Good?

THE VICE PIT. With a few months of hindsight, Sam and Tom have very different takes on Trigger's bold series.

I'm Trying Really Hard to Like ALDNOAH ZERO #2

...but it's sooooo self-serious!

Listen to the JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE Rap!

Richie Branson continues his weekly anime-inspired rap series with the hip-hop tribute "Stand-Up."

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE : STARDUST CRUSADERS #20 -- Special Review

Eat poo... and die?

Community Spotlight 8/15/2014

While many were preparing for the first week of the new school year, these users were deep into this week in anime.

Pick Anime Vice's Most Rockin' AMV! Part 3: Villains!

Was KILL LA KILL Actually Any Good?

Anime Caption Contest! -- 8/18/14

Let's party hard at the beach while it's still summer!

I'm Trying Really Hard to Like ALDNOAH ZERO #2

...but it's sooooo self-serious!

Does Anime Get Too 'Niche?'

Community Spotlight 8/15/2014

What's the Appeal of GODZILLA Exactly?

After decades of kaiju calamity, why is Sam so jazzed about the announcement of GODZILLA 2 at Comic Con?

Excellent Anime You Might've Missed -- BREAK UPS

It's a lot more than 'slice of life.'