Anime Vice News

Super Robots + Pokemon = Mechamon!

One of the greatest fan projects ever constructed.


There are a lot of Pokemon fans out there, and there are also a lot of mecha fans out there as well; and few of them are fans of both. Nevertheless, the few that are fans of both have come to the conclusion that pokemon and mecha are more similar than they appear from the outside. So someone really smart decided to bring the two of them together, and make a game out of it.

Mechamon is a Pokémon Fire Red hack that seeks to combine two things that many people hold dearly: Children and teenagers running away from home to capture and battle wild animals, often without adult supervision, and children and teenagers running away from home to shoot each other in giant robots, often without adult supervision.”

Basically, instead of catching pokemon with pokeballs, you catch mecha with haros. Instead of fighting random bug boys, and Team Rocket grunts, you fight Innovators and Jesus Yamato. So all pokemon sprites and trainer sprites will be replaced with mecha counterparts. You can check out the entire list of mechamon that will be in this game here. I have to admit, I’ve had dreams about this very game for a very long time now, it haunts me every waking hour. Take a look at a brief look at the gameplay below, but remember, it’s still under construction.

Daniel_Newton moderator on Nov. 10, 2009 at 1:49 p.m.
Ahh the wonderful world of Pokemon hacking, I remember it fondly :P
 
Looks pretty good, shame I'm not into mecha.
Nerxon Nov. 10, 2009 at 2:08 p.m.
Too awesome for words
John_Martoneon Nov. 10, 2009 at 2:42 p.m.
Oh... my.... gaud...
Halberdierv2on Nov. 10, 2009 at 2:45 p.m.
@Newten said:
" Ahh the wonderful world of Pokemon hacking, I remember it fondly :P  Looks pretty good, shame I'm not into mecha. "
same. although its not directly related, someone did a hack of firered to resemble Gold/Silver, which is simply epic.
Daniel_Newton moderator on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:10 p.m.
@Halberdierv2 said:
" @Newten said:
" Ahh the wonderful world of Pokemon hacking, I remember it fondly :P  Looks pretty good, shame I'm not into mecha. "
same. although its not directly related, someone did a hack of firered to resemble Gold/Silver, which is simply epic. "
Yeah there were a couple of good Gold/Silver remakes, it's almost a shame that real remakes of Gold and Silver are coming out now. I used to make hacks myself but never got very far with them, that was years ago though, but it was quite fun to do :P
Thageon Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:36 p.m.
It seems you don't know about Moémon...
 
Video here for your info~~
ThePsychoGameron Nov. 10, 2009 at 4:13 p.m.
Reminds me of moemon
John_Martoneon Nov. 10, 2009 at 4:36 p.m.
@Thage: I tried a partially translated version for a bit, love this concept.
Nikoon Nov. 10, 2009 at 6:18 p.m.
Needs to do a bit more Find/Replace and sprite swaps, but otherwise it looks awesome.
00Raiseron Nov. 10, 2009 at 6:27 p.m.
Go Wing Zero I choose you!
cfatalison Nov. 10, 2009 at 6:55 p.m.
OH GOD EPIC, EPIC
Kelleth moderator on Nov. 11, 2009 at 4:05 a.m.
Everytime i think i god every damn pokemon hack on my ds another one pops up XD
@cfatalis said:
" OH GOD EPIC, EPIC "
exactly my thought
cfatalison Nov. 11, 2009 at 5:06 a.m.
@Kelleth said:
" Everytime i think i god every damn pokemon hack on my ds another one pops up XD
@cfatalis said:
" OH GOD EPIC, EPIC "
exactly my thought "
it has mazinger and getter on it, and TTGL
 
OH GOD EPIC, EPIC
Kelleth moderator on Nov. 11, 2009 at 5:20 a.m.
@cfatalis said:
" @Kelleth said:
" Everytime i think i god every damn pokemon hack on my ds another one pops up XD
@cfatalis said:
" OH GOD EPIC, EPIC "
exactly my thought "
it has mazinger and getter on it, and TTGL  OH GOD EPIC, EPIC "
Ofcourse i`m gonna try and find the damn thing i`m mean what else is there to do? XD
cfatalison Nov. 11, 2009 at 5:39 a.m.
@Kelleth said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @Kelleth said:
" Everytime i think i god every damn pokemon hack on my ds another one pops up XD
@cfatalis said:
" OH GOD EPIC, EPIC "
exactly my thought "
it has mazinger and getter on it, and TTGL  OH GOD EPIC, EPIC "
Ofcourse i`m gonna try and find the damn thing i`m mean what else is there to do? XD "
but here's the illogical thing, how can they fit that many robot in the planet?
Halberdierv2on Nov. 11, 2009 at 5:54 a.m.
@Newten said:

" @Halberdierv2 said:

" @Newten said:

" Ahh the wonderful world of Pokemon hacking, I remember it fondly :P  Looks pretty good, shame I'm not into mecha. "

same. although its not directly related, someone did a hack of firered to resemble Gold/Silver, which is simply epic. "
Yeah there were a couple of good Gold/Silver remakes, it's almost a shame that real remakes of Gold and Silver are coming out now. I used to make hacks myself but never got very far with them, that was years ago though, but it was quite fun to do :P "

yeah, the one I was talking about was ShinyGold, which has enough extras in it to probably surpass heartgold/soulsilver.
 
Kelleth moderator on Nov. 11, 2009 at 5:54 a.m.
@cfatalis said: Does it really matter? anyways i checked with the creator on Pokecommunity and found out its not in GBA file format yet to bad :-\
cfatalison Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:33 a.m.
@Kelleth: well we, did store god on ball with extra dimensional space on it, so yeah i am not going to complain
Kelleth moderator on Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:03 a.m.
@cfatalis said:
" @Kelleth: well we, did store god on ball with extra dimensional space on it, so yeah i am not going to complain "
True lol and since the guy is still working on it guess i`ll wait till its totally finished.
other hacks i`m also looking forward too:
Pokemon Sea of Dreams (the maps looks great and i still like the bgm hope he adds it to the game) gba
Pokemon Green Sapphire (also great map but he needs someone to make the sprites) nds
ANY OTHER DAMN NDS HACK!!!
so yeah i`ve been out of the loop a few months so what XD
cfatalison Nov. 11, 2009 at 7:05 a.m.
@Kelleth said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @Kelleth: well we, did store god on ball with extra dimensional space on it, so yeah i am not going to complain "
True lol and since the guy is still working on it guess i`ll wait till its totally finished.
other hacks i`m also looking forward too: Pokemon Sea of Dreams (the maps looks great and i still like the bgm hope he adds it to the game) gbaPokemon Green Sapphire (also great map but he needs someone to make the sprites) ndsANY OTHER DAMN NDS HACK!!! so yeah i`ve been out of the loop a few months so what XD "
other nds hack nearing competition
 
tales of innocence trans
ASH trans

Dig Deeper into Pokémon

Originally a popular video game for the Game Boy, Pokémon exploded into anime, manga, other video games and trading card games. The franchise is internationally popular, and has had several serious through its run.

Edit/View the Wiki
Hit the Forums (137 Posts)
Add/View Images (1333 Images)
Watch Some Videos (4 Videos)
Pokemon Black and White Looks Delicious in Motion

First video of a Pokemon battle in Black and White.

Comment & Win: One Piece Vol. 52, 53

Time for a giveaway folks! Now, act civil, we don't want anyone to get hurt in the mad rush to win.

Beginner's Guide to FLCL

Gainax's madcap, surrealist anime, broken down for new viewers.

Ballz Deep

Steve gets intimately close to Dragon Ball Z, for science!

Top 3 Awful Anime Dubs

Grit your teeth and get your ear plugs ready cause this week we're taking on the three most amazingly bad dubs of all time!

BLEACH Ch. 609 Review

Has Kubo delved into the world of meta-commentary with this end boss?

RAGE OF BAHAMUT #9+10 -- Watch & Learn

She's actually supposed to be Joan of Arc...?!?!

Anime Caption Contest -- 12/15/14

Tis the season to be jolly! Which of these Santas are good?

PSYCHO-PASS #33 -- Watch & Learn

Kamui... gone too soon? Seriously, it's already done.

THE TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA -- Movie Review

Truly one of Studio Ghibli's best films...

Community Spotlight -- 12/19/2014

A farewell to 2014 and some holiday wishes to you all.

Toei Redraws SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL?

They heard the fans!

DRAGON BALL -- Revisiting the Red Ribbon Army

I don't know if this show ever actually "matured."

Anime Caption Contest -- 12/15/14

Tis the season to be jolly! Which of these Santas are good?

Gohan Gets A New Look in the Next DRAGON BALL Z Movie

Track suits are in next year!

Toei Redraws SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL?

They heard the fans!

BLEACH Ch. 609 Review

Has Kubo delved into the world of meta-commentary with this end boss?

THE TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA -- Movie Review

Truly one of Studio Ghibli's best films...

PARASYTE -- What if it Were More Like the Manga?

Wonder no more! There's a video!

DRAGON BALL -- Revisiting the Red Ribbon Army

I don't know if this show ever actually "matured."

RAGE OF BAHAMUT #9+10 -- Watch & Learn

She's actually supposed to be Joan of Arc...?!?!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel