- Speaking of yaoi, yaoi/josei/shoujo publisher Aurora Publishing just issued their newsletter and declared that their current fan sale is becoming permanent: all titles released up 'til April 2009 are now $5 a pop until they run out of stock, if you order manually through their website. The titles up are generally the non-yaoi titles, though. But if you've been eyeing Hitohira or Walkin' Butterfly, now's a good time to give it a shot!
- This was supposed to go up in yesterday's Buun that never happened, but Precocious Curmudgeon has a really interesting conversation going: if you were designing a Manga Appreciation 101 course, what texts would you use? That goes for textbooks (like, say, Manga: Sixty Years of Japanese Comics) as well as what actual manga series you'd have students try out. My suggestion: an Astro Boy/Pluto dual assignment.
- VIZ is having a 40% discount on its titles for you lucky Xbox LIVE users. PSN fans, go sit in a corner and cry until Fat Princess comes out. Whenever that is.
- Via Japanator, this is a really cool shopping link: Frugalista Japan, a blog all about how to save money when shopping in Japan. Perfect for any of you guys who have a big Nippon vacay planned.
- Oh, and before I forget, Kotaku has a Tales of Vesperia anime trailer. Woot!
Okay folks, 'night night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed chiropterans bite. At least not until Blood: The Last Vampire comes out.