Hope you don't mind if this is a bit of a quickie, guys-- I've got a TON of stuff for you to read and almost no time before guests start showin' up at my apartment!
- I'll open with the absolutely most required reading of the week: Carl Horn and Jason Thompson's editorials at ANN regarding the upcoming trial of Christopher Handley for his importation of an unnamed lolicon manga.
- Protaku reminds you of why you should spend money on anime this season. Consider it a companion piece to my holiday gift guide!
- The Palm Beach Post has an interesting piece on the modern Japanese woman as they compare to stereotypes.
- Meanwhile the Los Angeles Examiner explains why a live-action Akira flick is a bad idea, and also has a review of Mamoru Oshii's The Sky Crawlers.
- Electric Ant has an interview with manga (and particularly Osamu Tezuka) expert Fred Schodt.
- Naruto might have hit #7 on the Yahoo! top searches list, but Awesome Engine asks: what about Google?
- MangaCast has shoujo recommendations for macho macho men.
- Blogger ghostlightning discusses what it means to be an “otaku.”
- Finally, The Banzai! Effect ponders whether anime is used as a scapegoat for murder in Japan.
Alright, guys, you have your weekend assignment. Get goin'! (Also, have you checked out our fanfiction section yet?