John Foo Is Jin Kazama In Tekken Movie

Weird that there hasn't been more news on this. Is that a bad sign?

How many of you knew there was a Tekken movie coming out?  It seems to have been kept a secret all this time.  According to First Showing, the movie wrapped back in May.  It seems to have been in production ever since.  Is that something to worry about?  John Foo is Jin Kazama.

The movie is directed by Dwight H. Little, who has directed "Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers" and some episodes of "Bones," "Prison Break" and "Dollhouse."

Apparently the movie will follow the story of Jin who is out for revenge after his mother's death which he blames on Heihachi Mishima.

What I want to know and see is who is playing Heihachi.  All I know is they better get his hair right.  I don't care if they need to CGI it but it better look right.
OkazukiIchigoon Feb. 16, 2009 at 10:43 a.m.
Well, at least the actors looks fitted for the role unlike "that" other movie
Aceron Feb. 16, 2009 at 10:45 a.m.

Ive known about this movie for quite some time. John Foo looks to be a great choice for Jin.

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is to play Heihachi

GMan staff on Feb. 16, 2009 at 10:46 a.m.
Aceron Feb. 16, 2009 at 10:50 a.m.
GMan said:
"It's just really weird that it wrapped up waaaay back in May and there's really been no word about it.  I'm a little worried.  I'm more interested in this movie than a Street Fighter one."
Same here, but i would rather go see a movie without previously watching a load of crappy trailers like Street Fighter.
Sonata moderator on Feb. 16, 2009 at 10:50 a.m.
OkazukiIchigo said:
"Well, at least the actors looks fitted for the role unlike "that" other movie"
I agree 200%

I think this will do better than the street fighter movie
RedRoseson Feb. 16, 2009 at 10:52 a.m.
... there's a Tekken movie? I absolutely adore Tekken.

Aceron Feb. 16, 2009 at 10:53 a.m.
RedRoses said:
"... there's a Tekken movie? I absolutely adore Tekken.

What is up with all these games getting movies these days? We really don't need this influx of (potentially horrendous) movies right now."
Its like the sudden influx of movies based on comics.

LOL
TimSheehyon Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:27 a.m.

I'm sure the number is on par with people aware of the King of Fighters movie.

Ruby_Alexandrineon Feb. 16, 2009 at 11:54 a.m.
Anyone who played Tekken will know that True Ogre was responsible for Jun Kazama's disappearance or death.  Heihachi shot Jin in the head in Tekken 3 which is the main reason why Jin wants revenge on Heihachi.  It was Jin's Devil Gene that made him survive the bullet wound to the head.   From what I read about the plot, its completely different from the video game storyline.

If anyone interested the rest of the Tekken cast, here is the list:
  • John Foo as Jin Kazama
  • Mircea Monroe as Kara
  • Louise Griffiths as Sapphire
  • Cassie Shea Watson as Med Tech
  • Louis Herthum as Tekken Security Chief
  • Michael Showers as Security Assistant #1
  • R. Todd Jones as Tekken Citizen

Also I heard that Anton Kasabov will be portraying Sergei Dragunov as well.
DocHauson Feb. 16, 2009 at 2:06 p.m.
Little nitpick here: It's Heihachi Mishima, not "Heichi."

[/Tekken fan]
GMan staff on Feb. 16, 2009 at 2:34 p.m.
Ya know, I actually noticed that when I put in the link but forgot to fix.

am curious to see what Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa looks like as him.
Ruby_Alexandrineon Feb. 16, 2009 at 3:36 p.m.

Devillyon Feb. 16, 2009 at 3:39 p.m.
Cool another movie i hope they wont screw up especially Heihachi he`s my fav character
Aceron Feb. 16, 2009 at 3:57 p.m.
Ruby_Alexandrine said:
"Here is a link to Crystal Sky Pictures who did the film -http://www.crystalsky.com/films.htm  It has a brief synopsis of the film.

The film setting is in 2039 which is odd because the video game doesn't have an exact timeline.  I can only assume that the video game's story setting is in modern time instead of futuristic."
I think its more modern but the look and technology they use in the game is more futuristic.

@Dev: I hope they dont screw up Kazuya. The only thing i dont like is that Steve Fox will be played by Luke Goss
Ruby_Alexandrineon Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:20 p.m.
@Acer:  I agree.  The recent Tekken 6 game does have its modern setting yet looks quite futuristic.   I don't know who Luke Goss is until I saw an entry about him in Wikipedia.  All I know is that the actor is 40 years old and he's portraying Steve Fox who is 21 which is a 19 year age difference!

Here is a photo to the actor Ian Anthony Dale who portrays Kazuya Mishima (the actor looks mighty dapper in this picture):
RedRoseson Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:30 p.m.
That's gonna be Kazuya Mishima? His eyebrows and eyes are perfect. Now if they do his hair properly, he may be able to pull it off.
He needs to be cleanly shaven (err... if I remember correctly Kazuya doesn't have facial hair... right?)
Ruby_Alexandrineon Feb. 16, 2009 at 6:39 p.m.
@RedRoses - You are correct, Kazuya does not have any facial hair.  I selected that photo because its the closest to the actor actually looking like Kazuya in a business suit.  There are other pictures of the actor that make him not look like Kazuya.  I thought this particular photograph is quite convincing.
transgojoboton Feb. 16, 2009 at 7:24 p.m.
I honestly thought that this adaptation was stuck in developmental hell. IIRC, there was chatter about the Tekken going into production way, WAY before Speed Racer, Dragonball and even Chun-Li even started had teasers/trailers released.

It's amazing how little I've read about Tekken since then. This is the first I've heard about it in close to two years. Normally, producers and assistants would be "leaking" all kinds of stuff in order to build anticipation. That they would wait around until now doesn't bode very well. Makes me think the film has gone through serious revisions and re-shoots. Or the distributor isn't very confident about it.
GMan staff on Feb. 16, 2009 at 7:45 p.m.
Exactly.  The report said they finished production back in May.  Either there's been some problems or they're really really good at keeping things under wraps.
Sonata moderator on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:40 a.m.
I just hope its the latter:)

Dig Deeper into Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama is the son of Jun Kazama and Kazuya Mishima the grandson of Heihachi Mishima in the Tekken videogame franchise. He makes a brief cameo at the end of the animated Tekken film, his only appearance in an anime to date

Hit the Forums (1 Post)

ATTACK ON TITAN Live-Action Movie Cast Photos

Does Eren Yeager look like you imagined he would?

PSYCHO-PASS 2 #8 -- Watch & Learn

What if they actually did come for your violent video games?!?!

HELLSING ULTIMATE Episode IX -- Special Review

“Magical Girl Alucard”

DRAGON BALL -- Does the Tournament Arc Hold Up?

Goku isn't actually a hero in the traditional sense...?

GHOST IN THE SHELL First Connection Online Trailer

And this shooter actually looks... pretty kickass?

Community Spotlight -- 11/21/2014

The Thanksgiving holiday is just around the bend. Let's send off November by gorging on these user submissions then take a nap.

RAGE OF BAHAMUT #3-4 -- Catch-Up

These zombies actually move rather swiftly!

GHOST IN THE SHELL: ARISE Episode #1 -- Special Review

“This prequel caused my interest in G.I.T.S. to…Arise”

ATTACK ON TITAN Live-Action Movie Cast Photos

Does Eren Yeager look like you imagined he would?

GHOST IN THE SHELL: ARISE Episode #1 -- Special Review

“This prequel caused my interest in G.I.T.S. to…Arise”

GHOST IN THE SHELL First Connection Online Trailer

And this shooter actually looks... pretty kickass?

ONE PIECE Ch. 768 Review

In case you forgot, you get to know everyone...all over again.

Anime Caption Contest! -- 11/24/14

Let's commemorate the end of History's Strongest Disciple manga with cool captions!

DRAGON BALL -- Does the Tournament Arc Hold Up?

Goku isn't actually a hero in the traditional sense...?

PSYCHO-PASS 2 #8 -- Watch & Learn

What if they actually did come for your violent video games?!?!

HELLSING ULTIMATE Episode IX -- Special Review