Fullmetal Alchemist Cast Shakeup

The Fullmetal Alchemist cast might not be what you expect.

Japan is pretty keen on sticking with original casts. When a new season or remake is done within a reasonable amount of time from its original, they usually bring back the entire original main cast. And we already knew Fullmetal Alchemist was going to feature its original seiyuu for leads Ed and Al-- Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya, respectively. But apparently they're bumping around the rest of the cast-- most of it is totally different, the exceptions being Hughes and Armstrong.

So what follows is the new cast list, with the original seiyuu in parentheses after it.

Winry Rockbell – Megumi Takamoto (Megumi Toyoguchi)

Roy Mustang - Shinichiro Miki (Toru Okawa)

Riza Hawkeye – Fumiko Orikasa (Michiko Neya)

Alex Louis Armstrong – Kenji Utsumi (Kenji Utsumi)

Maes Hughes – Keiji Fujiwara (Keiji Fujiwara)

Jean Havoc – Yuji Ueda (Yasunori Matsumoto)

Vato Falman – Kenji Hamada (Takehiro Murozono)

Maria Ross – Kaori Nazuka (Mitsuki Saiga)

King Bradley – Hidekatsu Shibata (Makoto Tsumura)

Scar – Kenta Miyake (Ryoutarou Okiaku)

Lust – Kikuko Inoue (Yuuko Satou)

Gluttony – Tetsu Shiratori (Yasuhiro Takato)

Envy – Minami Takayama (Mayumi Yamaguchi)

Kimblee – Hiroyuki Yoshino (Yuji Ueda)

Isaac – Kouichi Yamadera (did not appear in the first anime, I think)

So what do you think? Are you okay with a new cast, or will you miss the old cast?

Void_Wizardon March 6, 2009 at 9:19 a.m.
I'm okay with the new cast if you want the old cast watch the old anime.
Cheeseball_Joneson March 6, 2009 at 10:11 a.m.
I fully support Kikuko Inoue as Lust.
HeeroYuyon March 6, 2009 at 10:34 a.m.
I don't mind... I only watched a small amount of the original FMA subbed since I actually liked the dub more for once.
Bertmastaon March 6, 2009 at 10:50 a.m.
ye i watched the dub so, this doesnt concern me
Kuroon March 6, 2009 at 10:58 a.m.
This works.
Sigueon March 6, 2009 at 10:59 a.m.
Armstrong and Hughes were my favorite characters anyways.
giaon March 6, 2009 at 11:48 a.m.
Sigue: yeah, I'm with you there.
Sillyfaerieon March 6, 2009 at 1:42 p.m.
Likewise - I'd have been pretty bummed if they replaced  Armstrong with someone who didn't really know all of the Secret Family Techniques he'd have to protray. I mean, where would they find another voice actor with that kind of pose-down form????
OkazukiIchigoon March 6, 2009 at 1:55 p.m.
Kikuko Inoue as Lust..Really?
CalAggieon March 6, 2009 at 2:43 p.m.
I guess they're trying to make a distinction between old and new. I'll have to hear the performances to make a judgment (who knows, the new cast might be better!) but I'm glad they kept Fujiwara as Hughes. Looking at some of Miki Shinichiro's past roles (Kisuke, Bleach; Shannon, Scrapped Princess), I'm optimistic about Mustang and also Hawkeye.

Dig Deeper into Romi Paku

A seiyuu.

Hit the Forums

ATTACK ON TITAN Live-Action Movie Cast Photos

Does Eren Yeager look like you imagined he would?

PSYCHO-PASS 2 #8 -- Watch & Learn

What if they actually did come for your violent video games?!?!

PARASYTE - THE MAXIM #7 -- Watch & Learn

Let me explain why this is gross.

DRAGON BALL -- Does the Tournament Arc Hold Up?

Goku isn't actually a hero in the traditional sense...?

Community Spotlight -- 11/21/2014

The Thanksgiving holiday is just around the bend. Let's send off November by gorging on these user submissions then take a nap.

BLEACH Ch. 605 Review

This is certainly not a paint by numbers story.

ONE PIECE Ch. 767 Review

As with the closing of most flashbacks, this can only end in tears.

Anime Inspires American Comics -- THE DEVASTATOR

Talking to the EiC of the magazine that skewers DEATH NOTE, SAILOR MOON, PHOENIX WRIGHT and INUYASHA, among others.

ATTACK ON TITAN Live-Action Movie Cast Photos

Does Eren Yeager look like you imagined he would?

PARASYTE - THE MAXIM #7 -- Watch & Learn

Let me explain why this is gross.

RAGE OF BAHAMUT: GENESIS -- MY TAKE

Tom has a theory about why this show's first two episodes work.

PSYCHO-PASS 2 #8 -- Watch & Learn

What if they actually did come for your violent video games?!?!

WELCOME TO THE NHK #1-3 -- Retro Review

Not as interesting if you've watched TATAMI GALAXY first?

DRAGON BALL -- Does the Tournament Arc Hold Up?

Goku isn't actually a hero in the traditional sense...?

Anime Inspires American Comics -- THE DEVASTATOR