Ahhh, what a fantastic week it's been! There's been a ton of interesting news in the anime world, of course, and around our brother sites as well. So without further ado...time for the weekly family dinner.
I surely needn't remind you of the biggest news of the week: the Cowboy Bebop live-action flick. I've got a few feelers out to try and get a bit more information, so keep your eyes tuned here for your obsessive Bebop details watch!
But of course, there was way more going on this week than just that. I mean, that just happened yesterday! Back on Monday, we remained unsure about whether Bandai had licensed Byousoku 5cm and we found hentai games for the iPhone. Tuesday saw the Hetalia protesters from South Korea, Thursday saw the cancellation of the show, and in between we had another piece of iPhone news: LOLcats meets Topple in Mew Mew Tower. And that's just a meager few of what's been up here, so you ight want to consider going back a page or two in the archives if you've been missing out!
Randomly, on a more personal note, I just donated a foot of my hair to Locks of Love today. My head feels so much lighter...
- Amazing news: the Watchmen lawsuit has finally been settled, so it looks like the movie will come out in March as anticipated. Thank god.
- Heath Ledger earned an posthumous Golden Globe for his role as the Joker in The Dark Knight, leading to even more buzz about whether he'll get an Oscar nod-- and maybe even a win.
- Also in comic book movie news: Eva Longoria isn't going to be in Avengers, and Samuel L. Jackson may not wind up playing Nick Fury.
- Finally, word from the man himself: Stan Lee talks about the recent Obama-cameo issue of Spider-Man.
- Less BIG HEADLINE! news here this week, but still plenty to keep you occupied...like speculation on a possible new Grand Theft Auto game this very year.
- There's also this cool video of a Japanese guy who will kick your butt. In Street Fighter IV, anyway.
- Oh, and how about some Zelda karaoke...sort of?
- By the way, if you want to know what the Giant Bombers think was the greatest game of 2008? It's Metal Gear Solid 4.