There’s a 9/10 chance this crossover was hatched after enough jokes about how similar the 3-D gear gimmick is to web-slinging…
Marvel comics’ talent scout, C.B. Cebulski (a guy who’s a big enough Japanophile that his blog’s called ‘Eataku’) has revealed that ATTACK ON TITAN will be showing up in the Marvel Universe quite soon. Judging by the image provided, the titular titans will be attacking New York City, and no less than Spider-Man will be the one fending them off.
He revealed this over a series of tweets...
- I loved "Marvel Team-Up" and "What If?" as a kid. I would spend hours dreaming up my own crossovers & alternate reality stories. (cont.)
- As I got more into manga, I always imagined how cool it would be for the Marvel characters to cross into the pages of manga worlds. (cont.)
- For many decades & multiple reasons, almost no manga, especially popular titles, crossed into other comic universes... until now! (cont.)
- If you ever wondered, "What if the titans from Hajime Isayama's "Attack on Titan" attacked the Marvel universe?", you'll find out soon!!
- Not a joke, folks. Attack on Titan and the @Marvel universe are crossing over! In 2 weeks. In Japan. Want a teaser?
Between this, MARVEL DISC WARS and the BIG HERO 6 manga, it looks like these pan-pacific team-ups are increasing in frequency. And the weird part is, this actually makes a lot more sense for Spidey than the tokusatsu/manga series where he got that Leopardon mech.
Supposing these crossovers do keep happening, which battle threads would you like to see answered in an official capacity? Despite years of speculation, we’ve only ever seen the Goku vs. Superman question answered in fan articles and videos. And L from DEATH NOTE is enough like the Japanese Batman, we’d love to see him match wits with the actual Batman. What say you, though?