Have you heard Ar Tonelico before? If you have, was it in this hilarious context? Well, after being yelled at earlier today by ThePyschoGamer, I looked into his hysterical claims and found out that yes, Ar Tonelico 3 was just announced ... and no one seems to have noticed. Under the title Ar Tonelico III – Sekai Shuuen no Hikigane wa Shoujo no Uta ga Hajiku (The Girl’s Song that Pulls the Trigger of the End of the World), the game will be coming out on the PS3 on January 28th.
Here's the rundown of information Banzai Effect has come up with so far:
* The world will revolve around the 3rd tower – Sol Cluster
* Main hero’s name is Aoto, the 2 female Reyvatails are named Finnel (twintails) and Saki
* Aoto has never liked the Reyvateil nation of Clastania, but upon meeting Saki, it turns into outright hostility. The second heroine revealed is Finnel, a pure Reyvateil from Clastania.
* Aoto’s town was mentioned but I cant read the scan properly, it is
* No direct mentioning of Cocona although a possible resemblance with Finnel might seem the case. It is mentioned that diving into your female partner’s heart and soul is a key feature (as always previous ATs but this seems more specific hint to me)
* Graphics will be similar to Atelier Rorona.
* Navigation of the world will be same as previous Ar Tonelico 1 and 2.
* Diving remains as one of the key features in Ar Tonelico 3 !
* Gameplay system has been revamped. Featuring R.A.H, supposingly a battle feature that affects your Reyvatail’s singing, in short, your Reyvatails will have multiple personalities they can switch between. The abilities alter due to R.A..H during battle. You can pick up parts of songs while diving into the girls’ minds, which you can then put together to form your own magic in the midst of battle.
* BGM during battle changes due to character’s course of action (woot! I love this)