Another Day, Another Step Towards Sexbots

Thanks to inventor Le Trang, we are that much closer to the imminent demise of our species due to lack of procreation.

Yes, an inventor named Le Trang has created a robot that some are calling a Fembot, a “real-life Chobit,” and “incredibly scary.” Trang's invention? A robot named Aiko who can speak, read, have a conversation, and supposedly even has the ability to learn and mimic human touch. Apparently she was at New York Anime Fest (how did I miss this?!), so check out this video:

Now, this is pretty terrifying, but remember, it's even scarier for Japan. I mean, their birth rate was declining even before they invented something like this. On the other hand, Trang claims that Aiko is not intended to be a sex doll...but since when has that ever stopped anyone?

DarkShaperon Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:11 p.m.
That is cool
(First)
Bertmastaon Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:14 p.m.
wow, the wonders of modern science, but still the message i got from chobits is that these things are a bad idea
Kuroon Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:42 p.m.
Hhahaha, Gia, you didn't see Aiko?

That sucks. She was awesomes.
RedZBaylonon Dec. 11, 2008 at 12:48 p.m.
With that "thing" sitting like that I wont be surprised that some animus will attempt an upskirt pic. I really think that the anime industry in Japan is solely responsible for the declining birth rate in Japan.

Im only kidding about that birth rate  theory, Gia please dont jump in and tear apart that theory.
giaon Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:07 p.m.
RedZ, I'm not sure I could if I wanted to.
Bertmastaon Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:31 p.m.
im still wondering how detalied he made her haha
Sabataon Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:42 p.m.
Decline of procreation?  I doubt it.  It's not like the people who would want a sex-bot are gonna have sex anyways.
Zeouterlimitson Dec. 11, 2008 at 1:48 p.m.
Do I turn it on as I would a normal Chobit?
RedRoseson Dec. 11, 2008 at 3:33 p.m.
Slowly but surely Japan.

... slowly but surely.
zhinseon Dec. 11, 2008 at 4:01 p.m.
i saw this pop up somewhere else too. the guy is making big news on this. eyes all over the world watching Aiko and her creator.
BloodRavyneon Dec. 11, 2008 at 4:22 p.m.
I saw this a month ago. This is the start for otakus to having their waifus. Look up on youtube for actroids. They have pretty good facial expressions but run on a program.
MoonStormon Dec. 11, 2008 at 5:49 p.m.
Not good enough. We have yet to cross the line between a big expensive dolls and true robots. Sorry but this thing dose not impress me.
Lunarmothon Dec. 11, 2008 at 10:37 p.m.
I going to agree with my bro MoonStorm right now they got a big nice doll. But It is one more step in a direction, as far, is it a right direction, I don't know.  But I'm liking it. Hope to see more in the future.
animemizon Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:43 p.m.
Sure I saw this doll, the creator of this doll, actually has a no outside capital, so he was accepting donations.

Dig Deeper into Chobits

A tale of forbidden love between a boy and a robot set in a near future Japan.

Hit the Forums (1 Post)

Anime Caption Contest! -- 8/18/14

Let's party hard at the beach while it's still summer!

Does Anime Get Too 'Niche?'

THE VICE PIT. Sometimes, it feels like watching somebody else's home movies, doesn't it?

Was KILL LA KILL Actually Any Good?

THE VICE PIT. With a few months of hindsight, Sam and Tom have very different takes on Trigger's bold series.

I'm Trying Really Hard to Like ALDNOAH ZERO #2

...but it's sooooo self-serious!

Listen to the JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE Rap!

Richie Branson continues his weekly anime-inspired rap series with the hip-hop tribute "Stand-Up."

NOBUNAGA CONCERTO #1&2 -- Special Review

A spectacle like this only comes once in a great while.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE : STARDUST CRUSADERS #20 -- Special Review

Eat poo... and die?

Excellent Anime You Might've Missed -- BREAK UPS

It's a lot more than 'slice of life.'

Was KILL LA KILL Actually Any Good?

Anime Caption Contest! -- 8/18/14

Let's party hard at the beach while it's still summer!

I'm Trying Really Hard to Like ALDNOAH ZERO #2

...but it's sooooo self-serious!

Does Anime Get Too 'Niche?'

Community Spotlight 8/15/2014

While many were preparing for the first week of the new school year, these users were deep into this week in anime.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE : STARDUST CRUSADERS #20 -- Special Review

Eat poo... and die?

Excellent Anime You Might've Missed -- BREAK UPS

It's a lot more than 'slice of life.'

Listen to the JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE Rap!