A Pinch of Spice and Wolf II Appears

Dengeki Online has images that are supposed to be from season two of the popular anime.

Horo
Horo
One of 2008's most popular anime was Spice and Wolf (or Ookami to Koushinryou), a beautifully-animated fantasy tale set in a world vaguely resembling medieval Europe and revolving around a traveling peddler named Lawrence who finds himself in the company of a young woman-- who is, in fact, a wolf deity named Horo.

Dengeki has what they're calling the first drawings of both Horo and Lawrence for Spice and Wolf II. This is more exciting because it means that the sequel is finally moving forward than because of the drawings themselves, which look more or less like the first season's versions. The first season started in January '08. I kind of doubt we'll see it as soon as Spring '09, though I suppose it's possible...summer or fall is more likely, though sometimes they like to keep a show in the same season, so we might not see it until January '10. (I'm crossing my fingers that we get it earlier, though.)

The article also notes that while the novels that the series was originally based on, by writer Isune Hasekura and illustrator Juu Ayakura, are still going strong (the 9 was recently released), the manga adaptation by Keito Koume has been slumping a bit.

The official Spice and Wolf website also talks about the second season, by which I means it has some of the staff mentioned: director Takeo Takahashi and script writer Naruhisa Arakawa are back, as are voice actors Jun Fukuyama (Code Geass's Lelouch) as Lawrence and Ami Koshimizu (Geass's Kallen) as Horo.

giaon Dec. 22, 2008 at 11:29 a.m.
Is everyone on a plane somewhere today? I can't believe no one's excited about this but me!
Devillyon Dec. 22, 2008 at 11:33 a.m.
I`ve seen this anime twice so i`m a big excited fan :DDDDDDD and yes i think so too XD
Agent_Loston Dec. 22, 2008 at 12:38 p.m.
Well I am, I guess since it the holiday and all. Great news and also can't wait for it.
darkcyderon Dec. 22, 2008 at 1:08 p.m.
*Let's out a fangirl squee so shrill it breaks windows and makes even the most stalwart of otaku cringe*
Sigueon Dec. 23, 2008 at 12:17 a.m.
Horo is hot.
hazelnutmanon Dec. 23, 2008 at 1:57 a.m.
I just started watching this series today, and so far, I'm pretty - no, REALLY impressed.

Assuming that I'll turn into a huge Spice and Wolf fan after this, I'll definately be anticipating the second season.
Devillyon Dec. 23, 2008 at 2:50 a.m.
Sigue said:
"Horo is hot."
and cute
caption
caption
maxwellon Dec. 23, 2008 at 12:06 p.m.
i was on a plane, now i'm not. looking forward to checking out spice and wolf.
hazelnutmanon Dec. 24, 2008 at 12:10 a.m.
Wow... I finished it all within 24 hours.

I never thought I would be this intrigued by an anime all about economics and trade - mixed with some romance, fantasy, and religion for good measure.

Can't wait for the second season now - especially since it ended so openly :)
rocketbomberon Dec. 25, 2008 at 10:46 p.m.
Horo is mine.  Back off.
SuperBusteron Jan. 11, 2009 at 2:59 p.m.
Would just like to add my voice to the chorus. Hoo Rah! I can't wait.

Dig Deeper into Spice and Wolf

A merchant comes across a wolf goddess one evening and agrees to accompany her to her homeland in the north.

Watch Some Videos (1 Video)

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE - BATTLE IN EGYPT #7 -- Watch & Learn

The next Mrs. Joestar...?

Anime Caption Contest! -- 2/22/15

Behold, the creepy faces of anime!

POWER RANGERS -- The R-Rated Reboot Trailer?

Would you want Super Sentai to be this nasty?

DEATH PARADE #5 -- Watch & Learn

Who's the real villain here?

THE LEGEND OF KORRA -- Anime Vice MOD Roundtable

To celebrate the Last Airbender's 10th anniversary, we have a Korra Roundtable!

How Has Anime Fandom REALLY Changed Since the 90's?

We asked the question, and you gave us a lot of great answers. Listen as we read through them, and question if once again boils down to... SUB vs. DUB?

BLEACH Ch. 616 Review

But does the right hand know what the left hand is doing?

DEATH PARADE #6 -- Watch & Learn

The deadliest game of Twister ever...!

THE LEGEND OF KORRA -- Anime Vice MOD Roundtable

To celebrate the Last Airbender's 10th anniversary, we have a Korra Roundtable!

PARASYTE - THE MAXIM #20 -- Watch & Learn

The days of "This Ain't Your Daddy's Cartoons" Are Back!

Anime Caption Contest! -- 2/22/15

Behold, the creepy faces of anime!

How Has Anime Fandom REALLY Changed Since the 90's?

BLEACH Ch. 616 Review

But does the right hand know what the left hand is doing?

DEATH PARADE #5 -- Watch & Learn

Who's the real villain here?

POWER RANGERS -- The R-Rated Reboot Trailer?

Would you want Super Sentai to be this nasty?

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE - BATTLE IN EGYPT #7 -- Watch & Learn

The next Mrs. Joestar...?