I don’t want to just copy and paste the whole list (I already posted one extremely long article today, after all), so I’m just going to offer up my own personal votes. Share yours in the comments, too!
- Best Male Lead: Jun Fukuyama (Code Geass’s Lelouch, Spice and Wolf’s Lawrence), surely I don’t needto explain.
- Best Female Lead: This one was a toughie, but my vote goes to Ami Koshimizu for voicing Spice and Wolf’s Horo (and she also plays Code Geass’s Kallen…I’m detecting a pattern here)
- Best Male Supporting: Another tough one, I’m thinking Gouda Hozumi, because I loved his work in Shion no Ou, which will probably be pretty a under-appreciated show, too.
- Best Female Supporting: Rie Tanaka for Eriko in KimiKiss. I was tempted to vote for her counterpart Takahiro Mizushima (as Aihara) for best male supporting—they really stole the thunder of the main couple for a significant chunk of the anime.
- Best Male Newcomer: Maeno Tomoaki for Library Wars’s Doujou, hands down. What a great show, and what a great role.
- Best Female Newcomer: I’m not sure why Aya Endou is in this category since she was a lead in last year’s Lucky Star (as Miyuki), although it’s tempting to give it to her for Sheryl (and I wouldn’t be surprised if she drew in the most votes). That said, my pick is absolutely for Itou Kanae, for Shugo Chara’s Amu. I’ve always been impressed with her ability to play her mahou shoujo heroine role and be so completely charming and not cloying. Hands down my fave of these, and a true newcomer to boot.
- Best Singer: I might have to abstain from this one, although instinctively I want to give it to Minori Chihara. Because she’s hot, AND an awesome singer, AND she played Yuki in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Admit it, you think that way sometimes too.
- Best Personality: I’m definitely abstaining from this one, I’m not even sure whether to vote for the person with the best personality, or the person who’s the best TV personality.
Alright, your turn. Go!