Naruto "Unleashed"?

Topic started by Pazy on Feb. 4, 2010. Last post by Pazy 4 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Pazy (21 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I was looking to watch Naruto since a few people I know are really into so its at least worth a try but Im not sure exactly what im supposed to be buying. Everywhere I look they are offering various series of Shippuden and "Naruto Unleashed" and im sure that Shippuden is the second part of the Anime but is Unleashed the first part? What exactly is it, is it redrawn/edited etc. or just renamed? 

Thanks for any help you can give.

Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
From the looks of it, "Unleashed" is the first part, though I can't find anything other than a naming mechanic.
 
It might just be that they decided to repackage the single DVD sets into larger ones, then rebrand them with that name.
 
I'm specifically seeing mention of the episodes as being "Uncut," though I'm personally unfamiliar with if they had been censored/adapted in their initial english release. Hope some of this is helpful.
Post by FLStyle (423 posts) See mini bio Level 12
The English version had removed the large amounts of blood/"gory" scenes. Naruto Unleashed has said blood and the choice between English Dub and Japanese Sub. I bought Series 1 Volume 1 a few years back and it has thirteen episodes across three discs.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
So Naruto Unleashed is the uncut episodes then?
Post by Pazy (21 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Sweet now I know what im buying. I tried to look for information through google but I couldent come up with anything (especially since the offical website called it 13 unleashed episodes) but now I know what im buying and shall go get the first box set ASAP.

Thanks for you help.

Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Pazy said:
"

Sweet now I know what im buying. I tried to look for information through google but I couldent come up with anything (especially since the offical website called it 13 unleashed episodes) but now I know what im buying and shall go get the first box set ASAP.

Thanks for you help.

"
Hey, you did the right thing anyway. Since hopefully the next person who comes looking for that information falls into this on google (like you I could barely find anything on google)
 
@FLStyle:
Wow. You know, I guess I'm just so much more used to actually "violent" anime that the idea of censoring this seems strange.
Post by FLStyle (423 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@John_Martone: You know what the mainstream is like, all politics and no common sense.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@FLStyle: Well, it feels like they really tried to aim this one to the youngest demographic possible. So I guess they were trying to get it as squeaky clean as possible. Just be glad they didn't 4kids the sucker, like One Piece.
Post by FLStyle (423 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@John_Martone: I suppose it does make more money to take that route, depressing to watch though. So glad I don't.
Post by Pazy (21 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@John_Martone said:
" @Pazy said:
"

Sweet now I know what im buying. I tried to look for information through google but I couldent come up with anything (especially since the offical website called it 13 unleashed episodes) but now I know what im buying and shall go get the first box set ASAP.

Thanks for you help.

"
Hey, you did the right thing anyway. Since hopefully the next person who comes looking for that information falls into this on google (like you I could barely find anything on google)
Somehow this thread is on the second page of google results for "Naruto Unleashed" but sadly im not sure what would make it higher so im thinking this might be the right time to make my first Wikipedia edit since nowhere in that does it mention that it was released as Naruto Unleashed in the UK.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Pazy: I found it listed as Unleashed by retailers here as well (since our original versions were edited,) though they could just be selling your version.
 
Go ahead and work on that if you'd like, but I wouldn't rule out our rank rising on the google listing. We'll only go up, and the longer it exists helps too. Though, on my search its already on page 1, like 6-7 of the way down.
 
But enough gawking about protecting those who follow in your footsteps. Did you decide to buy it?
Post by Pazy (21 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@John_Martone said:
" @Pazy: I found it listed as Unleashed by retailers here as well (since our original versions were edited,) though they could just be selling your version.  Go ahead and work on that if you'd like, but I wouldn't rule out our rank rising on the google listing. We'll only go up, and the longer it exists helps too. Though, on my search its already on page 1, like 6-7 of the way down.  But enough gawking about protecting those who follow in your footsteps. Did you decide to buy it? "

Sadly no, once I had found out it was the thing I wanted I had already ordered so much stuff lol specifically for anime I ordered the Gundam Movie Boxset (the three films of the original series), Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth, Bleach: Series 1,  Afro Samurai, Shigarui (Blu-Ray) and the entire Neon Genesis Evangelion: Steel Box edition lol not to mention the non-anime stuff I got to I sadly had to stop somewhere.

Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Pazy: Umm, yeah... that's quite the haul. ^_^
 
Take pictures when you get your hulkish pile of anime.
(Though this reminds me how I never finished Shigarui! Though, I just got Claymore on Blu-Ray if I need something violent in HD (though less graphic))
Post by Pazy (21 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@John_Martone said:
" @Pazy: Umm, yeah... that's quite the haul. ^_^  Take pictures when you get your hulkish pile of anime. (Though this reminds me how I never finished Shigarui! Though, I just got Claymore on Blu-Ray if I need something violent in HD (though less graphic)) "

I might if I owned a camera lol I dont think ive ever owned a camera. Sadly I havent watched most of it yet, I watched the first episode of most of it but I keep looking at the Evangelion Steel Box and getting sort of frightened by it lol people keep telling how amazing it is and how its so deep.
Top Editors
Top Posters
sickVisionz
89 posts
cfatalis
73 posts
Nerx
54 posts
Destinyheroknight
44 posts
Chengy
43 posts
hitsusatsu11
40 posts
lordhaseo
39 posts
Newdeath
36 posts
John_Martone
32 posts
Acer
30 posts
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel