Can someone please explain something for me??

Topic started by NoDeath on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by TheDrifter 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by NoDeath (19 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I tried watching the start of Naruto, it being one of the most popular animes out there and I really wanted to enjoy it but one thing stopped me before I finnished the second episode. Naruto is a little brat! I found him to be a 10 year old annoying little snot. I felt similarly about Pan in DBGT. I talked about with some friends at school and they all agreed. So my question is what am I meant to like about this character?
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Nobody can give you an answer, if you don't like it, you don't. That simple.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Nothing. Naruto sucks.
Post by oslapedo (66 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Lulz. Some people like it Sigue xD
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
All Animes are like that. As the series continues, characters develop.

As in this case, Naruto develops into a mature individual.

Oh and Naruto is overrated and contain a lot of fillers and I mean a lot.All Good Animes are unknown.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
yorro said:
"All Good Animes are unknown."
Not entirely true. The really good shows are usually unknown to people who aren't in the scene or are just getting into it, but shows that are popular among real anime fans are popular for a reason.
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Sigue said:
"yorro said:
"All Good Animes are unknown."
Not entirely true. The really good shows are usually unknown to people who aren't in the scene or are just getting into it, but shows that are popular among real anime fans are popular for a reason."
Yeah your right, but I'm talking about mainstream.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
yorro said:
"Sigue said:
"yorro said:
"All Good Animes are unknown."
Not entirely true. The really good shows are usually unknown to people who aren't in the scene or are just getting into it, but shows that are popular among real anime fans are popular for a reason."
Yeah your right, but I'm talking about mainstream."
All you have to do is pick a different mainstream. Then you start referring to mainstream-proper as Those People and everything is fine and dandy.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I think mainstream is fine as long as you don't act like a dumb twit like the narutards at cons.

Now I know some people who do watch/read Naruto who act normal but seriously, the fans actually drive me away from the series more than the show (well that and fillers).
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
RedRoses said:
"I think mainstream is fine as long as you don't act like a dumb twit like the narutards at cons.

Now I know some people who do watch/read Naruto who act normal but seriously, the fans actually drive me away from the series more than the show (well that and fillers)."
Everyone is a *tard at first. It's whether or not they grow out of it that means something.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Sigue said:
Everyone is a *tard at first. It's whether or not they grow out of it that means something."
The thing is Naruto has droves of them at least for a couple years now in the con scene. It doesn't seem to be waning one bit yet. It's quite annoying.
Post by Knil (18 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Naruto can be very enjoyable as a gateway anime when watched with subs (the dub is just fail). At least it was for me when I began watching it back before it hit the filler. For someone like me who had had no previous experience with anime and therefore had no expectations, the fact that Naruto does start out as an somewhat annoying little brat, something that is never good for a main character, didn't really put me off and I continued to watch and enjoy the show until the story from the original manga ended.

Today, after watching so many great animes since, I doubt that I could ever watch Naruto again and enjoy it like I did before.

Now if I hadn't ever gotten into Naruto for myself, I'm sure I would have taken a look at this topic and replied "the reason why so many people find Naruto, the annoying ten-year old brat enjoyable is because that is exactly what a good percentage of them are."
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
NoDeath said:
"I tried watching the start of Naruto, it being one of the most popular animes out there and I really wanted to enjoy it but one thing stopped me before I finnished the second episode. Naruto is a little brat! I found him to be a 10 year old annoying little snot. I felt similarly about Pan in DBGT. I talked about with some friends at school and they all agreed. So my question is what am I meant to like about this character?"
Most people don't like him.

It's the same with Ichigo (Of Bleach). I prefer the side characters (on both Naruto and Bleach)
Top Editors
Top Posters
sickVisionz
88 posts
cfatalis
73 posts
Nerx
54 posts
Destinyheroknight
44 posts
Chengy
43 posts
hitsusatsu11
40 posts
lordhaseo
39 posts
Newdeath
36 posts
John_Martone
32 posts
Acer
30 posts
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel